Sign in with
Your question

FERMI IS NOT DELAYED

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 1:13:10 AM

The FERMI is not delayed. Show me the press release where NVIDIA said this? All I see is some website which originated the rumor that heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy. This rumor passed from website to website, welcome to the internet. Until I see NVIDIA make an official press release, its not delayed.

Plus there's no WAY NVIDIA would ever delay it even further. For you people to believe this is disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourselves. There's gullible written on the ceiling, oh and by the way, the 480 is going for $50 at launch.

More about : fermi delayed

a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 1:14:46 AM

Huh? Nvidia's Fermi was suppose to come out Q3-Q4 last year. Then they pushed it to December-January. Then they pushed it to the current date of the end of March.

What other delay are you talking about?
m
l
March 17, 2010 1:15:33 AM

i'd buy the 480 for $50, from what i hear the cooler is worth more than the chip anyway. :D 
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 1:15:49 AM

Bluescreendeath said:
Huh? Nvidia's Fermi was suppose to come out Q3-Q4 last year. Then they pushed it to December-January. Then they pushed it to the current date of the end of March.

What other delay are you talking about?

There is a rumor that it has been delayed from March 26 to April 6. It did not originate from NVIDIA.
m
l
a c 235 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 17, 2010 1:16:13 AM

Quote:
The FERMI is not delayed. Show me the press release where NVIDIA said this? All I see is some website which originated the rumor that heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy. This rumor passed from website to website, welcome to the internet. Until I see NVIDIA make an official press release, its not delayed.

Plus there's no WAY NVIDIA would ever delay it even further. For you people to believe this is disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourselves. There's gullible written on the ceiling, oh and by the way, the 480 is going for $50 at launch.

thank you for this informative editorial that no one requested....can we know lock it before it burns in flames???
m
l
March 17, 2010 1:18:20 AM

i think the $50 thing was proof that he was being sarcastic no?
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 1:19:28 AM

ct1615 said:
thank you for this informative editorial that no one requested....can we know lock it before it burns in flames???

We might as well lock all the fermi delayed threads too.

I was being sarcastic about the $50 card. I was NOT being sarcastic about the delay. There is no delay.
m
l
March 17, 2010 1:22:58 AM

Quote:

I was being sarcastic about the $50 card. I was NOT being sarcastic about the delay. There is no delay.

mate the card has been delayed so many times now how can you say stuff like "Show me the press release where NVIDIA said this?"

didnt nV tell us it would be ready in november? they knew it would never be ready then and they lied to us. how else can it be so late, do you really think they believed it would be ready back then?
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 1:27:12 AM

Quote:

nfail said:
mate the card has been delayed so many times now how can you say stuff like "Show me the press release where NVIDIA said this?"

didnt nV tell us it would be ready in november? they knew it would never be ready then and they lied to us. how else can it be so late, do you really think they believed it would be ready back then?

NVIDIA gave us a ballpark figure and said we would have the card in November. That's completely different. Valve told us we would have HL2: Episode 3 sometime in 2008. Again, no exact date. When companies ballpark a figure its different than an exact launch date.

NVIDIA gave us an exact date, March 26th. This isn't a ballpark figure. They stand firm on the date. They haven't announced a change of the date. There may be some truth to the April 6th date (Maybe more cards will be released and available by then), but there is no evidence that the date has changed or been delayed.
m
l
a c 235 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 17, 2010 1:29:09 AM

who cares, its the high end cards and they are over priced

Nvidia's answer to the ATI 5770, 5850 will be what make or break this new series
m
l
March 17, 2010 1:29:41 AM

this is from one of tweaktowns writers -

Quote:
This morning we heard that NVIDIA had changed the strategy for sending samples; instead of partners sending them out NVIDIA are taking charge and sending out themselves. We’re not 100% sure why they’re doing this but it could be because NVIDIA doesn’t want any leaks on the results until the 26th. Quite often we see NVIDIA push a driver to us at the last minute and it’s possible that this could happen with the GTX 400 series.

ballpark figure of november? how big is this ballpark?

the NDA will be lifted on the 26th so we will see some "reviews" but only hand picked reviews on nVidias "A-list". sites like toms and anand wont get cards until much later and the whole thing is a farce. actual card availability was due on the 29th but that has been pushed back to the 6th of april now. that means the general public wont be able to buy it until the 6th, and even then it will be in tiny numbers. no normal gamer will own this card for months yet.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 1:32:54 AM

Quote:

Correction: There is no confirmed delay. If it does get confirmed, NVIDIA will likely do it on Twitter or Facebook rather than a press release though.

EDIT: Post got eaten.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 1:35:48 AM

randomizer said:
Correction: There is no confirmed delay. If it does get confirmed, NVIDIA will likely do it on Twitter or Facebook rather than a press release though.

EDIT: Post got eaten.

And again, until NVIDIA confirms it, there is no delay, expect the card to be released the 26th.
m
l
March 17, 2010 1:36:49 AM

randomizer can you say if toms has a card or not?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 1:37:06 AM

Oh I expect it to be released on paper on the 26th. Give it another month or two and it might even show up on Newegg.
m
l
a c 235 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 17, 2010 1:39:00 AM

randomizer said:
Oh I expect it to be released on paper on the 26th. Give it another month or two and it might even show up on Newegg.

that's a play straight out of the old ATI playbook, how times have changed
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 1:40:29 AM

nfail said:
randomizer can you say if toms has a card or not?

No idea. There's no indication that a review is being worked on (I haven't asked Chris but he's not online) but I usually don't find out until it is published internally anyway. Most reviews I read a day or two before they go live.
m
l
March 17, 2010 1:49:38 AM

ok thanks.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 1:53:36 AM

Mind you I would not be surprised if review sites didn't receive these until closer to the release date. NVIDIA and AMD cut things pretty close. I think the 5870 drivers that reviewers were meant to use were only sent out a week before NDA was lifted.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 17, 2010 2:22:32 AM

Fact is the release date is coming up pretty quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if the cards aren't ready (in large quantities) by then, but i would be a bit surprised if they pushed back the "launch" again after all the bad press they've been getting.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 2:31:55 AM

Let's just hope Fermi is available before the Radeon 6xxx series.
m
l
March 17, 2010 3:59:58 AM

Suggestion, see Soft Sailor article "Rumored prices for NVidia's GTX 470 and GTX 480, Fermi is cheaper than expected?"

Published about 6 hours back from this post on March 16 (today, where I am writing this from).

This article reiterates the 3/26 release for North America, and 3/27 for Europe.

The financial benefit to consumers is undeniable, so for them imminent release is good... whether you plan on the 470 or an ATI near the top of current capability at lower-than-current-prices.

For NVidia, the question is more complex. Sooner its better than later, but it already IS later. Nervous partners with stale inventory certainly add to what otherwise looks like classic test vs short-term cash-flow tension. With the recent announcement/hint of downward pricing for 400's and limited advantages to "tessellated" objects at anything more than a moderate distance there is clearly every indication NVidia is finished with pushing the envelope for this iteration and is getting it out the door.

While rumors of this ilk are no proof, they sound eerily familiar, and their accurracy in the past are an indication of deliberate leaking in exchange for... what...

Dimwit
m
l
March 17, 2010 4:05:23 AM

I think AMD/ATI are aware of this availability delay, thats why they have kept their mod cards under cover.

To the OP Yes you are right Fermi "Launch" is not delayed. Its "Availability" is delayed.

Hope you sleep well :p 
m
l
March 17, 2010 4:06:09 AM

jryan388 said:
Let's just hope Fermi is available before the Radeon 6xxx series.

Better late then never :) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 17, 2010 6:45:35 AM

randomizer said:

Oh they'll still ship for March 26, however maybe when you open the box it will be one of those empty ones we've seen with a voucher inside promising one GTX470/480 when available. [:jaydeejohn:5]

:evil: 

And since only the true nV fans will fork out full price in the first weeks, they won't complain, because they are now among the select few. :lol: 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 17, 2010 10:48:43 AM

Well, at least you can use the "Gaming Mouse Mat" from day 1 :lol: 
m
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 17, 2010 11:01:48 AM

I don't remember anyone saying cards would be ready 26th. They said launch (paper) with 29th being the available date. A couple of days is okish. Seeing how many times its been pushed back, and empty boxes, I would not be surprised at all if its not April something, if we are lucky.

I vote we keep this thread open until the 26th. Once confirmed we can't buy one on newegg, etc, lock it after we start making fun of the OP.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 11:34:44 AM

Imagine what those IOUs will go for on eBay. "Be one of the first to ALMOST own your very own Fermi!!!"
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2010 2:04:21 PM

randomizer said:
Imagine what those IOUs will go for on eBay. "Be one of the first to ALMOST own your very own Fermi!!!"

Shipping charge $20,asus rog 5970 ares $1500,IOU for one gtx 480,priceless
m
l
March 17, 2010 5:20:29 PM

Quote:
There is a rumor that it has been delayed from March 26 to April 6. It did not originate from NVIDIA.

LMAO.

You talk like you actually KNOW more then the person making the statement about Fermi being Available at RETAIL only on or by April 9th.
He didnt say it was delayed and if you actually READ it he does say that the NDA will be lifted on March 26 and whom ever has a fermi or recieved one from Nvidia will be able to Bench it and show the results.
Also before you get all HOT and bothered , remember that it doesnt matter anymore if it comes from Nvidia or not. Why ?
Simply put Nvidia has said far to many things now regarding what fermi will be or not be and will it release that anyone in there right Mind know they have been lying all along.

"Now, I have one right here. This, Ladies and Gentlemen, this puppy here is Fermi” Nvidia boss Jen-Hsun 09/30/2009

They have been stalling and lying ever since.
Oh and before you flame me , just know that I actually would have loved for Nvidia to have Fermi out and selling. This way we wouldnt be paying TOP $$
for ATI's cards.
m
l
!