Transfer OS from HDD to SSD, Help Needed

Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 2.0

Is this program safe to use and functional to transfer Windows 7 from HDD to SSD ?

I am building a new system and just ordered a 128gb SSD. I need to get my OS Windows 7 System Builder from my HDD to the SSD. Currently my OS is installed on 2X 1TB HDD's in Raid 0. I will be installing the new SSD in the new build.

Would I be safe using the above program, or would a clean install of Windows 7 on the SSD be the better option? then re install programs? Also If I use the Paragon software, should I transfer the OS to the SSD in my current rig now, or wait for the new build and install all harddrives all at once and transfer it.

Also will I run into any issues reinstalling Windows 7 System Builder on the new rig? All the components will be new. Any guidance is appreciated.
5 answers Last reply
More about transfer needed
  1. I'd recommend a clean install. Windows does some optimizations during setup when installed on an SSD. Remember to unplug your HDD during Windows installation.
  2. aicom said:
    I'd recommend a clean install. Windows does some optimizations during setup when installed on an SSD. Remember to unplug your HDD during Windows installation.

Will I be able to re activate Win 7 OEM on the pc with a new motherboard? If not, will I get anywhere with trying to get Microsoft to activate by phone support, or would that just be a waste of time?
  3. Whether you reinstall or not, swapping motherboards will require you to reactivate Windows, which will fail since it's an OEM copy.
  4. Yep - think that's a clean install. If it ever goes out to check for updates and revalidates itself, you'll be hosed.
  5. Western Digital's version of True Image (on Western Digital's website only) works well...
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Hard Drives Windows 7 Storage