Q6600 motherboard recommendation

Hi all,

My motherboard just broken down and I was wondering what would you guys recommend for a q6600 cpu motherboard. My previous motherboard is the gigabyte p35c-ds3r. Anything around 70 pounds will do.

Thanks in advance!
Ambrose
6 answers Last reply
More about q6600 motherboard recommendation
  1. ASUS P5Q Pro
  2. Look for a Gigabyte P45 UDx series. Not sure what models they still make. They were the best LGA775 overclockers IMO.
  3. +1^ The gigabyte UD3R was a nice one as well. I recommended the P5Q Pro because it was VERY nice to me when overclocking my Q6600...
  4. Thanks for all your recommendation!

This is my current system:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz (1066FSB)
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Socket 775
    Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2 DHX PC2-6400C4DHX TwinX (2x1GB)
    EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS SuperClocked 320MB GDDR3
    Antec P182 Super
    Corsair HX 620W Power Supply

What do you think I should upgrade? I do a lot of rhino, photoshop, indesign, illustrate and also a bit of gaming. Im thinking adding more rams and also a ssd? what do you guys think?
  5. I think that unless you have to spend money keeping that system running you should save money to up grade the whole thing. An SSD would be able to go to a new build though. I would keep your case and PSU and go from there.

With Sandy Bridge coming out soon just keep what you have ( or add an SSD ) and wait to see if its going to be as good as it's supposed to be. If so then upgrade then.
  6. If your overclocking your cpu to at least 3ghz, you don't need to upgrade anything except your memory. P45 is best for overclocking.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Gigabyte CPUs