Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte 880-GA UD3H Which REV?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 11, 2010 9:49:02 PM

I know it's a silly question but how can i tell what the differences are between rev 2.1 and 2.2? I just ordered one and i'm told i'm getting the 2.1. Is it not as good as the 2.2?

More about : gigabyte 880 ud3h rev

a b V Motherboard
December 12, 2010 10:41:00 AM

the revision number will be printed on the board.
m
l
December 12, 2010 1:11:19 PM

thank you for your reply but it seems i was misunderstood. I was actually asking about the actual differences in features-functionality between the difference revisions. No matter how hard i've tried i cant seem to learn what these might be!
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 13, 2010 2:17:57 PM

Features and functionality will be the same. The main difference would be chip drivers and bios updates, which you can download from Gigabytes website anyways.
The biggest differences are from rev. 1.0 to rev. 2.x.
The hardware is the same on all rev. #'s.
m
l
December 13, 2010 3:38:07 PM

I really hope that's all there is. Also how can i know if it supports ICH10R or ICH9R?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 13, 2010 4:31:23 PM

Can't find anything about IHC support for that board. You may want to contact GB support.
What I did find is if you go to your product in GB's site, up top by the model# you will see Rev2.0, 2.1 and 2.2. You can open each and compare specs.
A quick look showed higher memory O.C. ability on the 2.2.
Hope this helps.
m
l
December 13, 2010 4:52:52 PM

I have used the product comparison tool but i see no dspecification differences betwen the 2 revisions.
m
l
January 1, 2011 11:03:11 PM

therock003 said:
I have used the product comparison tool but i see no dspecification differences betwen the 2 revisions.

I had a similar question just the other day. I have found out that the only difference is in the Realtek LAN chiip the Rev 2.1 uses a Realtek RTL8111D chipe while the later revision uses an RTL 8111E. If you go to the Realtek website or do a Google search on Realtek RTL 8111d and then another on the 8111E chip you will be able to read the differences. They are minor and have to do with wake up from sleep mode and other esoteric LAN issues (primarily for networked machines). You can take a look.

I also ordered a Rev 2.2 but got a 2.1. One of the other bloggers was right that the hardware apart from what I have mentioned is the same. I would like to know how you have got on with your build bcz I have had problems.
m
l
January 2, 2011 11:11:05 AM

Than you for your reply.

What kind of problems have you been having. I have had poblems as well.

Just out of the blue the system does some abrupt shutdowns. I think there might be something with the raid controller. I'm thinking of either frying a seperaye raid controller or boot from a non raid configuration.
m
l
January 2, 2011 4:00:37 PM

You'r welcome. I have two basic annoying problems wheich don't go away.

1. The mobo will not POST properly. On power up it goes into endless loop between the various boot priorities (DVD drives) w/o loading OS from the HDD which is first priority. Same happens on restarts. I have to physically hit reset button for it to boot normally; everytime!!!!!!

2. I don't think the SATA 3.0 ports are operating as SATA as the BIOS setup has three options; native IDE, RAID and AHCI. My drive which is a WD SATA 3 capable drive will not operate in AHCI but only Native IDE. Why?

I would be a very happy bunny if these 2 issues are sorted bcz SATA 3 capability with USB 3.0 was the two reasons I opted for this board!

Any helpful hints greatly appreciated.
m
l
a c 151 V Motherboard
January 2, 2011 8:46:31 PM

Are you switching to AHCI or something after windows is already installed? I think this can cause problems. I've built 2 comps around this board, Rev 2.0. Both with WD SATA III HDs (640Gigs, black ed.) One with RAID0 and 2 of the WD SATA III drives. Haven't seen the first problem with either board. Both comps have Windows 7 Home prem, if that makes any difference?
m
l
January 3, 2011 3:09:44 PM

ihameed46 said:
You'r welcome. I have two basic annoying problems wheich don't go away.

1. The mobo will not POST properly. On power up it goes into endless loop between the various boot priorities (DVD drives) w/o loading OS from the HDD which is first priority. Same happens on restarts. I have to physically hit reset button for it to boot normally; everytime!!!!!!

2. I don't think the SATA 3.0 ports are operating as SATA as the BIOS setup has three options; native IDE, RAID and AHCI. My drive which is a WD SATA 3 capable drive will not operate in AHCI but only Native IDE. Why?

I would be a very happy bunny if these 2 issues are sorted bcz SATA 3 capability with USB 3.0 was the two reasons I opted for this board!

Any helpful hints greatly appreciated.

So this must be a general mobo problems. Most of the times i do a shut down, after i power my system up, it wont boot or post, and case HDD activity led will not flahs. A simple reset wont do. I need to do a hard reset by holding the power button and then power it on again.

Also after i get BSOD'd it wont recognize my drives in the RAID array. Something fishy must be going on with the sata ports and the RAID controller. Possibly due to the AMD SB and RAID.

Here's my said BSOD issue.

m
l
!