Please critique my new build

natastna2

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
Hi guys, thanks for your help in the past! I'm building a new computer for a friend of mine, mainly to play games on. After some advice on your board, I've decided to go with this: http://imgur.com/NuKfd I'd appreciate any advice or improvments you may have. Thanks a lot. Ant.

natastna2

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
Thanks for the reply man :) all advice is invaluable to me. Why would you recommend the Hyper over the Freezer? I'm just asking out of interest, I have no real idea which is better, it's simply i have a freezer myself. Can you clip on the Hyper 212 or do you have to screw it into the back of the mobo? I liked the clip on of the Arctic? When I order it I'd probably try and find a deal on RAM.

blackjellognomes

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
The 212+ does a better job with cooling, but it does need to be screwed on along with a backplate. IMO the screws are a bit more reliable, so despite the hassle I personally prefer it. But the difference between them isn't so significant that I'd discount the AC. Take the one you like more.
Good luck with your build, too!

G

The one thing I learnt about building a PC is you should avoid being a money pinching jew, you'll end up with inferior parts and in the long run you'll be spending more on upgrades anyway.

That's just my two pence.