4.2ghz at 1.68 volts? 3570k

Hello, I wanted to do a minor overclock to 4.2 ghz on my 3570k, I am stable at 1.68 volts. I don't know much about voltage to multiplier ratios and I understand it differs from chip to chip.

I am just wondering if this seems like a decent voltage for 4.2 ghz, does it seem like it may be a bit high?
13 answers Last reply
More about 2ghz volts 3570k
  1. If your core voltage is really at 1.68 you need to drop that to 1.2 or so immediately. The 3570k will burn up pretty quick under that high a voltage.
  2. Does it even post?
  3. OH sorry! I meant to say 1.168 volts, not 1.68 lol.
  4. Yea I was about to say.. without LN2.. thats a 2 second suicide run on your CHIP
  5. That's not high imo at first you scared the piss out me with your 1.68 lol.
  6. Rockdpm said:
    Yea I was about to say.. without LN2.. thats a 2 second suicide run on your CHIP
    :lol: +1
  7. Haha, sorry for the typo. So am I in the clear with the 4.2ghz at 1.168 volts? does this seem pretty decent to run as a 24/7 overclock?
  8. Heh, and I thought I was crazy with the voltages I put on my chips. Went all the way to 1.65v on my 2500k, on air no less. Never got it to validate any higher than 5335 MHz.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2349130

Two cores disabled, though, so it didn't earn a spot in my sig. 5.25 GHz with four cores beats 5.33 GHz dual core any day, in my book. The 3770k barely broke 5 GHz before I had to disable a pair of cores.
  9. rowdymoody said:
    Haha, sorry for the typo. So am I in the clear with the 4.2ghz at 1.168 volts? does this seem pretty decent to run as a 24/7 overclock?
    Assuming you ran stess test and your temps are not to high then yeah your good. ;)
  10. I ran the maximum heat test on prime 95 for about 30 mins to test my temps, they average about mid 60s, max I saw on a core was 75 degrees C. On my stock clocks I average mid 50's across the board.
  11. rowdymoody said:
    I ran the maximum heat test on prime 95 for about 30 mins to test my temps, they average about mid 60s, max I saw on a core was 75 degrees C. On my stock clocks I average mid 50's across the board.
    :lol: 30 minutes is not long enough imo but so far so good congrats. :D
  12. you want to run it a night long (that's my method, i test rapidly like 5 min, change the settings toward the best i can, then optimise to 1 hours test and i run a final over night stress test to be sure that all settings are ok...)

PS: i get about 85 max load with a single tower NHU12P and a 1.35V vcore...
  13. When I oc 3570k I use 1.2 volt but in real it only 1.092v its great!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Chip