Cases which can fit a 3x120 360 radiator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutfij

Titan
In order to choose a case you'll need to understand:
1| its features provided
2| the features you're looking for
3| a budget
4| the sort of hardware you want case to accommodate
5| if internally mounted the thickness of the rad may cause an issue with mobo and/or rams

another route would be:
1| to just mod the case
2| have rad at the back of case via a radbox(courtesy of swiftech/koolance) as stated by manofchalk
2.1| nylon/metal screw spacers for the rads instead of a $20+(+shipping) piece of hardware

compgenie

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
Oh. And can the XSPC Raystorm RX360 be mounted on a NZXT Phantom 410 ? ( I cant mod cases , I mod 3x3 & 4x4 puzzles though :p )
I know I could get a Switch 810 , but its double the price here.
Could it cool a OC'ed 8350 @4.4 and possibly a HD 7950 ?

Quote pulled directly from NZXT's product page.
http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/phantom_410
Clearance for top 240mm dual radiator for water cooling solutions

Its even the first feature listed.
No, you cannot fit a 360mm rad in the 410.

When you look in the specs page of any case, it will state all the fan mounts in the case. If you see it says 2x120mm, then it can support a dual rad. 3x120mm then it can support a 360mm rad.

compgenie

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

I already knew it can only do a 240 ... but mounting a 360 rad...where ? Top ? No there is a plastic shroud. Rear ? I dont think theres enough support from only a 120 for a 360 rad . Side ? Not an option.
Now what ?

External mounting, similar to what I did.
IMG_20130216_120524_zps4608b88f.jpg

Or go for the rad-box solution, which is basically just housing all your radiators in a separate enclosure to the case and having a tube in between.
EDIT: Fairly sure the rad box solution will require a decently strong pump to achieve and construction/modding skills unless you want to pay out the nose for a pre-done box.

compgenie

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

Is that push or pull? And what pump do you have?
Can a 360 cool a 8350 and a 7950 both?
(sorry for the million questions, but water cooling excites me!)

compgenie

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

oh thanks but its for the switch 810 ,the one you have ,really nice case but out of my budget . I have a phantom 410

Both my rads are in a pull configuration, not for any performance reason, but just easier to clean that way and its how the internal rad mounts to the case. I could go push/pull for extra performance, but I'v got 2x360mm for just my CPU at this point, I think Iv got enough radiator performance :lol:. And fans are expensive in these kinds of numbers.

I have the XSPC X20 750L V2, which is a combination reservoir and pump.
Though if you are making a fully custom loop (not a kit like I did), I advise getting a dedicated pump and reservoir. Iv found that having a pump/res makes bleeding and filling somewhat difficult. Also having it mounted in the 5.25" bays makes it fairly loud since you cant really pad it to reduce vibrations.

Would depend on the particular radiator, fans and whether you are running in push/pull.
At a rough guess, maybe. A single 360mm could hold it, but you would be at the threshold I think.

Have a read through the water-cooling sticky, it will give you all the info you need and links to resources where you can find more specific information. It even has a section dedicated to figuring out whether you have enough radiator (TDP section).
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-watercooling-sticky
Might take two or three reads to fully understand, but it covers pretty much everything.

compgenie

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

No getting parts separately gets too expensive. I didn't get the a "A single 360mm could hold it, but you would be at the threshold I think." part

Different radiators can deal with a differing amounts of heat, and at a rough guess, a 360mm rad will only just be able to dissipate the heat put off by an 8350+7950.
Though this will be dependent on factors like fan speeds, flow rates and such, but at a guess.

But read the sticky and calculate it yourself, might be that the particular radiator your going with will be fine. Though its generally advised to have a good bit of headroom when it comes to rad TDP.

compgenie

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

my tdp would be 325 w [125 cpu & 200 GPU]
according to this
http://skinneelabs.com/xspc-rx360-v1/4/
Fans at 1650 rpm (the included fans) should be able to dissipate 500~ watts or so.
Is that okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.