Temps Normal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pgooch

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I dont know if i was just expecting to much but after 12 hours running prime95 on 3570k @ 4.5ghz 1.25 voltage temps maxed out at 63 degrees. Are these normal temps? Planning out running intel burn test in a bit, I'm expecting that to bring even higher temps . I was expecting temps to be lower. If I add my 6950 into the loop on average whats it bring cpu temps up too ?

Solution
The TDP of the components and radiators are measured in Watt's (Energy changed per second). Quite simply, if the TDP of the radiators is more than the TDP of the components, your all good, as it can deal with more energy than the loop can provide.

Once you'v gone beyond that point, its the performance of the blocks and ambient temperatures (and pump if its insufficient) that will dictate cooling performance
Whats your cooler?

But a load temp of 63°C sounds about right for an XSPC Raystorm kit (?) at that frequency. My 3570k gets to about that under Prime95.

If you have enough radiator in the loop, adding in the GPU wont affect the CPU temps. If you dont have enough, then it will affect it in a big way.

Pgooch

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I was just expecting better temps with the amount of radiator space i'm thinking i might have to add another 240 or at least 120, when i add the gpu later this week

ek Cool stream xt 240
Phobya extreme 200mm
MCP655
XSPC dual bay res

Once you have enough radiator space, adding more wont lead to better temps. But does allow you to use slower fans for a quieter rig.

The sticky has info on calculating the TDP (heat output) of a loop. Once youv figured that out, you can compare to how much your radiators can deal with by reading reviews.

The TDP of the components and radiators are measured in Watt's (Energy changed per second). Quite simply, if the TDP of the radiators is more than the TDP of the components, your all good, as it can deal with more energy than the loop can provide.

Once you'v gone beyond that point, its the performance of the blocks and ambient temperatures (and pump if its insufficient) that will dictate cooling performance

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.