Sign in with
Your question

2600k 4.6ghz with asus turbo evo

Last response: in Overclocking
February 21, 2013 6:22:42 AM

i am using asus turbo evo to overclock my pc to 4.6ghz ... prime 95 crashes and gives bsod ... is it safe to run my pc without stress testing and relying on the auto tuning that is done by asus turbo evo ?? prime 95 takes 100% of the cores but i play games and watch videos and browse net .. i dont think that'll ever stress my pc that much ... basically while playing game/ watching movie or video the temps will never rise above 70 .. so is it safe if i continue using it like that without stress testing coz it's crashing pc and gives bsod .. plz help
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 21, 2013 6:29:44 AM

No, if your system isn't stable, it's not... If it can't pass Prime 95 small fft, then you take the risk to corrupt data, or burn components as a CPU is millions even billions of transistors...

When a cpu failed to work correctly it's because one or more transistors weren't trigering correctly and if you keep running that, maybe that little transistor will burn due to it's abnormal operation state and that will kill your CPU forever...

Make sure to get a Stable overclock and i really don't suggest automated OC programs, they work randomly, put too much voltage on the CPU/RAM and don't reach as high as a manual OC do...
m
l
February 21, 2013 6:33:56 AM

spawnkiller said:
No, if your system isn't stable, it's not... If it can't pass Prime 95 small fft, then you take the risk to corrupt data, or burn components as a CPU is millions even billions of transistors...

When a cpu failed to work correctly it's because one or more transistors weren't trigering correctly and if you keep running that, maybe that little transistor will burn due to it's abnormal operation state and that will kill your CPU forever...

Make sure to get a Stable overclock and i really don't suggest automated OC programs, they work randomly, put too much voltage on the CPU/RAM and don't reach as high as a manual OC do...

so can you plz help me with that ?? my motherboard is maximus v gene .. can you plz give me step by step instruction as to what changes should i make in bios ? what should i enable/disable ?? can you give me your email id so that we can chat and make things work faster ?? thnxx for the help
m
l
!