Computer Freezing, new info, please help!!!!

socratitties

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
My computer is freezing randomly. Temp doesn't go above 50 celsius. My computer is a custom from Ibuypower. Symptoms have arisen in past two weeks, computer if 4 months old. I run Spybot and keep the system unclogged.

Windows 7
AMD Phenom II x4 955
Asus M4A78T-D AMD 790GX
Corsair 650w
Powercolor HD5570 1GB Video Card
500GB Sata-2 WD5000ks
[core i7-DDR3] 2GB DDR3 - 1600 GAMING SINGLE, two of them
30" Dell monitor.

The problem is happening randomly. I had one online video going and opened up Windows control panel and it froze. Sometimes when I'm multitabling online poker. I can't run Prime95 stess test without a crash. Crashed while running Spybot.

-I've reinstalled the latest ATI and Adobe drivers.
-System runs on highperformance setting
- CPU? Motherboard? Vid Card? Power supply? Any way to test?

Here is the Ram info if wanted. Please help if you can. I work off my computer and lose money whenever it crashes. Thank you very much.

Type: DDR3
Size: 4096 mb
Channelsual
dcmode:unganged
nbfreq:2006.9
dramfreq:668.9mhz
fsbram3:10
cas#latency:9clocks
ras#tocas#delay:9clocks
ras#precharge:9clocks
cycletime:24clocks
bankcycletime:33clocks
commandrate:1T

How many passes did you run it through? A mostly good stick might not throw errors until the third or fourth pass, a fairly bad stick will throw quite a few errors in the first pass. Generally its recommended to run it for 5 passes or overnight to rule out any errors, also make sure you have it running at the recommended voltage for those sticks.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
Check to make sure that all your cards are sitting in the PCI PCIE slots properly. Make sure that your USB Ports are not damaged and earthing out the Motherboard. Make sure that your PSU is not dropping voltage (some BIOS supports this by showing voltages.)