Startup items

After installing an update to my video driver, the system32 folder opens by
itself upon startup every single tim ei use the computer. I went into the
startup options by running msconfig, but can't figure out which item to turn
off, as there is nothing that seems to relate specifically to the system32
folder. What are the necessary items that must be running during startup, so
I can leave them running and turn everything else off to see if the problem
even lies in there?

Follow this:
Line 260 Right column "System32 Folder Opens..."

See step 12 for the other question:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"displayname?" <displayname?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing an update to my video driver, the system32 folder opens
> by
> itself upon startup every single tim ei use the computer. I went into the
> startup options by running msconfig, but can't figure out which item to
> turn
> off, as there is nothing that seems to relate specifically to the system32
> folder. What are the necessary items that must be running during startup,
> so
> I can leave them running and turn everything else off to see if the
> problem
> even lies in there?

System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=170086

For an automated Edit go here:

Read the instructions at the top of the page.
Scroll down to:
260. Right hand side.
System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot

--