Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is this reservoir big enough for cooling 7970Ghz and i5 CPU?

Last response: in Overclocking
February 21, 2013 6:03:20 PM

Hello guys. How are you all doing? I hope that all is great with you. I have a question to ask. I am looking to order this reservoir and pump from EKWB and I am wondering if it holds enough liquid to run through the GPU and CPU.

Here's the link for reservoir: http://www.ekwb.com/shop/reservoirs-and-acc/res-pump-co...

And this is the link for the pump: http://www.ekwb.com/shop/pumps-and-accessories/pumps/pu...

Let me know if this will be enough to feed possibly 2GPUs and CPU. Thanks.
a b à CPUs
a c 125 K Overclocking
February 21, 2013 6:22:49 PM

Hello, I'm doing good thanks, you? :) 

The size of the res really doesn't matter, you could even use just a T-line (if you had a top for that pump).

Obviously when you're first filling the loop you will need to keep topping up the res to fill the loop and to make sure the pump doesn't run dry.

Once the loop is filled top up the res almost to the top, keep an eye on the coolant level when your bleeding as when the air is removed the coolant level will drop.

Then after that just check it every few months to see if it needs a top up.
m
l
February 21, 2013 6:46:20 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Hello, I'm doing good thanks, you? :) 

The size of the res really doesn't matter, you could even use just a T-line (if you had a top for that pump).

Obviously when you're first filling the loop you will need to keep topping up the res to fill the loop and to make sure the pump doesn't run dry.

Once the loop is filled top up the res almost to the top, keep an eye on the coolant level when your bleeding as when the air is removed the coolant level will drop.

Then after that just check it every few months to see if it needs a top up.

I am fine thanks. Thanks for the reply. I will make sure I let it fill to the top and I am assuming that bleeding means letting the loops fill up until the res can't take no more. Or am I missing something. Ok I will go ahead and get it and I hope it's here by Monday. First time doing a custom watercool. I will do a thread here only if I could find a way to post pictures.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a c 125 K Overclocking
February 21, 2013 6:50:37 PM

hero1 said:
I am fine thanks. Thanks for the reply. I will make sure I let it fill to the top and I am assuming that bleeding means letting the loops fill up until the res can't take no more. Or am I missing something. Ok I will go ahead and get it and I hope it's here by Monday. First time doing a custom watercool. I will do a thread here only if I could find a way to post pictures.

Good :) 

Bleeding the loop is the process of removing all the air that's in the loop.

As it's your first build and you have some basic questions I'd highly recommend reading through our TH watercooling guide

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/277130-11-read-firs... ;) 

EDIT: Oh and to post pictures you'll need to upload them to an image hosting website like imageshack, then copy the image URL into tags.
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
February 21, 2013 7:02:26 PM

I'd be inclined to ask what radiator provisions you have made for the loop, do you know the TDP of your components yet?
the sticky mentioned will help you calculate it and decide on radiator needs accordingly :) 
Moto
m
l
February 21, 2013 7:34:21 PM

I will go to the sticky and take the measurements. I want to have 2 rads going for now. 1 240mm and the other 280mm. I will start with the 280mm GPU only see how that goes and then replace my H80i with a 240mm.
m
l
February 21, 2013 7:44:00 PM

I read the sticky and I have a TDP of 280 for the GPU.
m
l
February 21, 2013 8:05:00 PM

Overall, GPU and CPU come to 406 Watts
m
l
February 21, 2013 9:58:02 PM

Best answer selected by hero1.
m
l
!