Mandrake 7.2

G

Hey guys I dumped redhat 7 and installed mandrake 7.2 and just a couple of questions. First how do I get the camble modem going faster. The fastest it will go is about 40k/sec on downloads. Lastly how do I install programs under linux. I am a newbie and can't figure out howto. I downloaded Licq and can find it in my home directory and can see the files but can't install or run any programs. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

as far as the cable modem goes, mandrake 7.2 has an option for configuring a cable modem in drakxtools, don't use it. Instead, try configuring a local network (using bootp/dhcp if your cable provider uses dynamic ips) that should be all you need to do... worked for me anyway, I get my 680k downloads really nice now.

Makaveli

Splendid
hey i'm using mandrake and am on a cable modem.
but everytime I reboot I have to reconfigure my network settings. I don't understand it kind of a linux N00b.
But I get it working after a couple tries, but I shouldn't have to reconfigure my network settings everytime I boot
need some help?

G

I'm using a PNP modem, and I have to set up my irq manually everytime I boot up if I want to get online. I just got started today, so I don't know that much yet. Is there some kind of startup file I can make in order to do this for me automatically? I'd appreciate any help...

Latest posts