T:DS Hammers want to bury someone ......

dundee

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2004

I got a note that sayes:

"The Hammers are trying to bury someone in the Old Quarter graveyard, but
they can't as lons as the zombies keep regerating"

And I also saw a message that suggest that it is a curse that i causing
it. I have now searched the graveyard severel times, but haven't found
any clue to, how I can help the Hammerites. Nor haven't I seen any zombies
there !

Have anybody solved this ?

TIA dundee

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:00:41 -0500 dundee said :

>I got a note that sayes:
>
>"The Hammers are trying to bury someone in the Old Quarter graveyard, but
>they can't as lons as the zombies keep regerating"
>
>And I also saw a message that suggest that it is a curse that i causing
>it. I have now searched the graveyard severel times, but haven't found
>any clue to, how I can help the Hammerites. Nor haven't I seen any zombies
>there !
>
>Have anybody solved this ?
>
>TIA dundee

Dundee,

Leave the hammers area.

Come out across the small wooden bridge.

Turn to thre right and keep going to the right till you go down
the heavily patrolled walk way.

Down in that direction you will see a downward slope that goes to
an area where the Pagan Shaman has been hiding.

If He is not there you might find his Wand. Steal that.

If He is there you might still be able to steal it.

Once that is stolen and the graveyard in the hammers area is cleared
of zombie then the hammers can bury the dude.

My thoughts :

I wonder that if I had NOT taken the wand. Later on in the game
would the Pagan Shaman been a tronger foe against some later
foes in the game. I kind of regret stealing the Pagan Shamans wand
now... I wish I would have left him with it and ignored the hammers
request.

Its worth 200 loot if you take it. You can't give it to the hammers.

Not to mention if you get in trouble with the hammers and there are
no more zombies to kill. It makes it tougher to get back in the good
graces Faction wise without favors like killing zombies for them.

Save that mission for a long time in case you want to go way back
and see what it might have been like if you did not steal the wand.

I deleted my save so I cant go back for now unless I replay or download
the saved games off of the website.

-------
Mischief thought

I was goofing around in the hammer fort. I was using some oil.

I made the hammer guard slide in to the open elevator.

I thought to myself too bad I had killed all the zombies in the
catacombs. Sure might have been fun to send the live hammer guard
down in the elevator to meet up with the roving zombies.

HA !!

Other fun things to do.

If the Zombies are still alive in the catacoms.

Get one to chase you up the stairs and lead Him into the

main area and make sure the Live Hammers see it. Then keep running
so you dont have to defend yourself.

Watch the Hammers go insane trying to kill the zombie.

It can be fun to watch ! HA !

If the zombie wins and starts coming after you again then lead Him
upstairs if there are a couple guards left and let them get some
action too...

Another fun thing if there are zombies alive in the graveyard.

Pick the lock to the graveyard and try and get a zombie to chase you in
to meet the hammers.

Moo haww haww

HA !

Too bad the programmers did not allow for people like Me.

I would have attempted to lead the zombies out unto the city streets.

HA !

More moo haww haww.....

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:00:41 -0500 dundee said :
>>
>>I got a note that sayes:
>>
>>"The Hammers are trying to bury someone in the Old
>>Quarter graveyard, but they can't as lons as the zombies
>>keep regerating"
>>
>>And I also saw a message that suggest that it is a curse
>>that i causing it. I have now searched the graveyard
>>severel times, but haven't found any clue to, how I can
>>help the Hammerites. Nor haven't I seen any zombies there
>>!
>>
>>Have anybody solved this ?
>>
>>TIA dundee
>>

> Dundee,
>
> Leave the hammers area.
>
> Come out across the small wooden bridge.
>
> Turn to thre right and keep going to the right till you
> go down
> the heavily patrolled walk way.
>
> Down in that direction you will see a downward slope that
> goes to
> an area where the Pagan Shaman has been hiding.
>
> If He is not there you might find his Wand. Steal that.
>
> If He is there you might still be able to steal it.
>
> Once that is stolen and the graveyard in the hammers area
> is cleared of zombie then the hammers can bury the dude.

That's what I told him but not is so many words.

> My thoughts :
>
> I wonder that if I had NOT taken the wand. Later on in
> the game
> would the Pagan Shaman been a tronger foe against some
> later
> foes in the game. I kind of regret stealing the Pagan
> Shamans wand now... I wish I would have left him with it
> and ignored the hammers request.

Missed the wand the first time through since I didn't bother
to listen or read stuff in the Hammerite place. Only difference
I noticed was the zombies stayed and the woman kept
crying over the corpse of her brother.

> Its worth 200 loot if you take it. You can't give it to
> the hammers.
>
> Not to mention if you get in trouble with the hammers and
> there are
> no more zombies to kill. It makes it tougher to get back
> in the good graces Faction wise without favors like
> killing zombies for them.
>
> Save that mission for a long time in case you want to go
> way back
> and see what it might have been like if you did not steal
> the wand.
>
> I deleted my save so I cant go back for now unless I
> replay or download the saved games off of the website.
>
> -------
> Mischief thought
>
> I was goofing around in the hammer fort. I was using some
> oil.
>
> I made the hammer guard slide in to the open elevator.
>
> I thought to myself too bad I had killed all the zombies
> in the catacombs. Sure might have been fun to send the
> live hammer guard down in the elevator to meet up with
> the roving zombies.
>
> HA !!
>
> Other fun things to do.
>
> If the Zombies are still alive in the catacoms.
>
> Get one to chase you up the stairs and lead Him into the
>
> main area and make sure the Live Hammers see it. Then
> keep running
> so you dont have to defend yourself.
>
> Watch the Hammers go insane trying to kill the zombie.
>
> It can be fun to watch ! HA !
>
> If the zombie wins and starts coming after you again then
> lead Him upstairs if there are a couple guards left and
> let them get some action too...
>
> Another fun thing if there are zombies alive in the
> graveyard.
>
> Pick the lock to the graveyard and try and get a zombie
> to chase you in to meet the hammers.

<sigh> And I thought I was the only one that got that idea.
For me, the Hammerites died when the second Haunt
came up.

> Moo haww haww
>

> HA !
>
> Too bad the programmers did not allow for people like Me.
>
> I would have attempted to lead the zombies out unto the
> city streets.

Didn't work for you, either, huh.

dundee wrote:

> Have anybody solved this ?

I suspect many players stumble on the solution, taffing along in the
darker corners of the city. If not, it may need a little lateral thinking.
Who would curse such upstanding citizens as the Hammers?

--
Anders Thulin ath*algonet.se http://www.algonet.se/~ath

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

"dundee" <thomas@love.nospan.bird.dk> wrote in message
> the Pagans og the Hag I think .... but what to do about
> it ?!

Leave the Hammerite cemetary and look around.
Get the stick on, now !!

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 16:30:49 -0700 Mos said :

>> HA !
>>
>> Too bad the programmers did not allow for people like Me.
>>
>> I would have attempted to lead the zombies out unto the
>> city streets.
>
>Didn't work for you, either, huh.

I love it. Yeah the things we wish for...

....Garret The Deadly Lurker...

(grin)

--

dundee wrote:

> the Pagans og the Hag I think .... but what to do about it ?!

Find all Pagans you can, creep silently into their cellars
and offices, listen to their songs and whispered conversations,
read their secret diaries, and try to find out if any of them
gone seriously into Hammer-cursing recently? And perhaps also
if there is anything more to be done about it?

The Pagan you want is *not* 'over the hills and far away' ...

--

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 22:47:42 GMT Anders Thulin said :

>dundee wrote:
>
>> the Pagans og the Hag I think .... but what to do about it ?!
>
> Find all Pagans you can, creep silently into their cellars
>and offices, listen to their songs and whispered conversations,
>read their secret diaries, and try to find out if any of them
>gone seriously into Hammer-cursing recently? And perhaps also
>if there is anything more to be done about it?
>
> The Pagan you want is *not* 'over the hills and far away' ...

Nah.. set the Zombies free and watch all the fun I say....

(grin)

--

> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 16:30:49 -0700 Mos said :
>>>
>>> Too bad the programmers did not allow for people like
>>> Me.
>>>
>>> I would have attempted to lead the zombies out unto the
>>> city streets.
>>
>>Didn't work for you, either, huh.
>>
> I love it. Yeah the things we wish for...

Careful what you wish for. It might happen.
Been working with dromed and toying with the idea of
a FM (for Thief 2) where Garret has to lure undead out of
the cemetery and have townspeople deal with them.
Avaible weapons ? Only the trusty black jack and a
few rope arrows.

Wazza

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message news:crpola01mdd@drn.newsguy.com...
> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:00:41 -0500 dundee said :
>>
>>I got a note that sayes:
>>
>>"The Hammers are trying to bury someone in the Old Quarter graveyard, but
>>they can't as lons as the zombies keep regerating"
>>
>>And I also saw a message that suggest that it is a curse that i causing
>>it. I have now searched the graveyard severel times, but haven't found
>>any clue to, how I can help the Hammerites. Nor haven't I seen any zombies
>>there !
>>
>>Have anybody solved this ?
>>
>>TIA dundee
>>

> Dundee,
>
> Leave the hammers area.
>
> Come out across the small wooden bridge.
>
> Turn to thre right and keep going to the right till you go down
> the heavily patrolled walk way.
>
> Down in that direction you will see a downward slope that goes to
> an area where the Pagan Shaman has been hiding.
>
> If He is not there you might find his Wand. Steal that.
>
> If He is there you might still be able to steal it.
>
> Once that is stolen and the graveyard in the hammers area is cleared
> of zombie then the hammers can bury the dude.
>

> My thoughts :
>
> I wonder that if I had NOT taken the wand. Later on in the game
> would the Pagan Shaman been a tronger foe against some later
> foes in the game. I kind of regret stealing the Pagan Shamans wand
> now... I wish I would have left him with it and ignored the hammers
> request.
>
> Its worth 200 loot if you take it. You can't give it to the hammers.
>
> Not to mention if you get in trouble with the hammers and there are
> no more zombies to kill. It makes it tougher to get back in the good
> graces Faction wise without favors like killing zombies for them.
>
> Save that mission for a long time in case you want to go way back
> and see what it might have been like if you did not steal the wand.
>
> I deleted my save so I cant go back for now unless I replay or download
> the saved games off of the website.

Are you sure that is the solution?
I used a moss arrow on a pagan cornerstone in the cemetery and they were
able to bury the guy, but now the vines were going crazy (according to the
Hammerites).

Now that I think about it I found a wand in a small underground area (near
the Cradle I think) and remember wondering wtf is this for, because I could
only carry it, it didn't go into my inventory, but I don't recall getting
any loot for it and nothing else has spawned in that area since. (currently
on museum)

Other stuff.
Re:pagan cornerstones. Should there actually be something coming out of the
cornerstones when you return. They do change, but I expected to see a bit
more green

I noticed I was able to pick up the map for the cradle twice from the corpse
in the catacombs. Once before the mission and again after when I was
following the spirit to the grave.

Also I managed to break the lift at Fort Ironwood. I wanted to ride it up,
but standing on the top of the lift so as not to be seen by the Hammer
guard, but when I reached the top my head hit the roof, I fell into the
elevator, then the floor of the elevator began to go down (I thought I was
falling), but the floor just lowered as normal and frame with cage and the
light stayed at the top. :)

Gave me a laugh.

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

"Anders Thulin" <ath_no_spam_please@algonet.se> wrote in
message news:OeyEd.127202$dP1.457731@newsc.telia.net
> Mos wrote:
>

>> Careful what you wish for. It might happen.
>
> Then I wish for zombies who can climb ropes ...

You stringing me along ?

> --
> Anders Thulin ath*algonet.se http://www.algonet.se/~ath

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:41:18 GMT, Anders Thulin
<ath_no_spam_please@algonet.se> wrote:

>Mos wrote:
>

>> Careful what you wish for. It might happen.
>
> Then I wish for zombies who can climb ropes ...

I wish for zombies that when they kill the guards, transform the guards
into more zombies that need to eat BRAINS.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:41:18 GMT Anders Thulin said :

>Mos wrote:
>

>> Careful what you wish for. It might happen.
>
> Then I wish for zombies who can climb ropes ...

No.

In what SAci-Fi movie have you seen Zombies climbing ropes ?

--

"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:41:18 GMT, Anders Thulin
> <ath_no_spam_please@algonet.se> wrote:
>
>>Mos wrote:
>>

>>> Careful what you wish for. It might happen.
>>
>> Then I wish for zombies who can climb ropes ...
>
> I wish for zombies that when they kill the guards,
> transform the guards into more zombies that need to eat
> BRAINS.

Braaaiiins, more braaaiins.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:08:20 -0600 Michael Cecil said :

>On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:41:18 GMT, Anders Thulin
><ath_no_spam_please@algonet.se> wrote:
>
>>Mos wrote:
>>

>>> Careful what you wish for. It might happen.
>>
>> Then I wish for zombies who can climb ropes ...
>
>I wish for zombies that when they kill the guards, transform the guards
>into more zombies that need to eat BRAINS.

Not for Me. No complete dawn of the dead for thief.....

zombie guards might be interesting if they can look
withered and in the same uniform... Like the hammer haunts
theory but with guard clothes.

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

> Careful what you wish for. It might happen.
> Been working with dromed and toying with the idea of
> a FM (for Thief 2) where Garret has to lure undead out of
> the cemetery and have townspeople deal with them.
> Avaible weapons ? Only the trusty black jack and a
> few rope arrows.

Haha! Yes, do it!

--

"Happy endings are a myth designed to
make us feel better about the fact

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

"Paul Harris" <lord_harris@lycosNo-SPAM.com> wrote in
message news:crudop$9jd$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk
>> Careful what you wish for. It might happen.
>> Been working with dromed and toying with the idea of
>> a FM (for Thief 2) where Garret has to lure undead out of
>> the cemetery and have townspeople deal with them.
>> Avaible weapons ? Only the trusty black jack and a
>> few rope arrows.
>
> Haha! Yes, do it!

After I get finished setting up the town, it shouldn't be difficult.
I could call it "The Dead of Night."

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

"Anders Thulin" <ath_no_spam_please@algonet.se> wrote in
message news:OeyEd.127202$dP1.457731@newsc.telia.net
> Mos wrote:
>

>> Careful what you wish for. It might happen.
>
> Then I wish for zombies who can climb ropes ...

I want to see one that can chew gum and shamble
along at the same time.

On 10 Jan 2005 14:42:32 -0800, Geneve <a@n.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:41:18 GMT Anders Thulin said :
>>
>>Mos wrote:
>>

>>> Careful what you wish for. It might happen.
>>
>> Then I wish for zombies who can climb ropes ...
>>

>No.
>
>In what SAci-Fi movie have you seen Zombies climbing ropes ?

Troma's "You can run but you can't hide"

Hmmm.

Well...

Okay, I made that up.