Requesting help for building new PC's (Rendering purpose)

rtasooji

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
hello EveryBody :hello:
please help to choose the best thing i can
thanks
-----------------------------------------------------

Approximate Purchase Date: 2-3 weeks

budget range: $2500 well less is better for sure

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT : for rendering with maya , vue , simulating with realflow c'mon guys you get the point after that is gaming (every road leads to gaming)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED:
keyboard, mouse,speaker,monitor

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:nothing special www.newegg.com is cool

PARTS PREFERENCES: intel for cpu , asus for motherboard , radeon HD 5870 ,12 gig DDR 3 ram

OVERCLOCKING: are you kidding me YES for sure

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: maybe ,more to No

MONITOR RESOLUTION:1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
about the graphic card some of my friends told me its nice to buy it , but i dont think i need great graphic card for rendering its great for high polygone scene but ,hey, you can hide your objects maybe im wrong , help me on this one please

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont know any knowledge about power and case and fan for overclocking :sweat:
and i dont think i go for xeon (expensive and hard to upgrade,my opinion) i like core i 7 920 using with asus rampage 2 extreme i see great OC result with this motherboard .

Asus Rampage ii Extreme : http://www.legitreviews.com/article/933/1/
intel core i 7 920 : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115202

how about buying two pc with these parts and do Master client things if i go for that what should i buy for this ? and where should i start learning for this one?

Here's what I would do:

CPU: i7-980X $1,100. The absolute best. A hexa-core CPU. This will absolutely destroy anything you throw at it.
Mobo: Asus P6X58D Premium $310. A more future proof board.
RAM: 2x Mushkin Enahnced Redline 3x2 GB 1600 mhz CAS Latency 6 $500
GPU: HD 5850 $300. This will be able to handle 1900x gaming fairly well.
HDD: Seagate 7200.12 1 TB $90
Case: Coolermaster 690 $70
PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650W $80
Optical: Cheap SATA DVD burner $20
HSF: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus $35

Total: $2,435.

If you can add $35 to the budget, pick up the HD 5870/Corsair 650W combo for an additional $100. Or drop the Mushkins (the fastest sticks on the market) to the G.Skill Pi 3x2 GB 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7 and save $150 total.

rtasooji

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
thanks dude woohoo i like this Asus P6X58D Premium lots of extra features USB 3.0 and SATA 6.0Gb/s , its benchmark is near rampage ii EX.about core i 7 980 i dont know the price is so high so i can do risky stuff for overclocking maybe i can reach 3.33 GHZ with lower budget using OC.

how about building render farm ??

again thanks for your reply it was very useful .

The i7-980X is so expensive because it is THE most powerful CPU out there. It is the only six core CPU. It's a render farm by itself. An overclocked i7-930 isn't going to touch the 980. The 2 extra cores (4 extra threads) make it the absolutely best you can buy right now. With your budget, it would be a mistake to at least not consider including it in a rendering build.

Check out the review of it on Tom's front page. It's amazing what the thing can do.

You don't need a huge GPU for rendering. Also, using dual cards at the start of a build is not a good idea. You use up more budget for less performance, you need a larger PSU, and you lose an upgrade path. None of that is any good.

Another option to make it cheaper or being able to afford the HD 5870 is to use the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R board. It's a good quality board, has many of the same features as the Asus, and saves $100.

rtasooji

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
thanks for your replies
i'm agree with madadmiral, for rendering gpu isnt so much important it has huge effect on working in high FPS workarea for heavy scene .
here is the firepro v8750 Vs radeon 5870 .

but with new interactive viewport in maya 2011 i dont think i need dual video card at all.