Sign in with
Your question

PC reboot while gaming.

Last response: in Components
June 15, 2010 12:39:23 PM

my pc keep reboot while i do gaming, just only while i game , no reboot while leaving computor on for downloads. just game for like 2-5 mins it will restart it self. graphic temperture about 62 degee when playing games.
my pc is about 2 month old . tried format but still the same. not sure whats going on , im not good at pc stuff , please help !

intel core i7 860
ram 2gb x 2 ddr3 ( not sure exactly what model )
2gb powercolour hd 5870
1tb hdd 7200rpm x 2 dvd writer x 1
asus p55 motherboard ( not sure exactly what model )
case with 120mm fan x 2
hec xpower 780w.
is the power enough to run for gaming ?

thanks

More about : reboot gaming

June 15, 2010 2:07:40 PM

Considering the computer is new this is a hard one to troubleshoot.

The power supply should be plenty... I run an OCZ 600W for a slower yet more power thirsty system.

Download CPUID HWMonitor, this should give you all temperatures.
CPU, Video, Chipset.
anything below 80 degrees should not cause problems

If temperatures are not the issue, I would point my finger at first PSU then Videocard.

Sounds like a power issue if the computer is stable on desktop... as soon as you start a game, the videocard jumps from demanding around 50Watts to 200Watts.

I am also guessing that if the videocard had issues, you would notice video lag or weird pixels on the screen before reboot.

m
l
June 16, 2010 3:38:07 AM

yes the power supply is good enough...even though it could be a bad one
maybe the graphics card try going to asus for bios updates even on my new asus motherboard that would happen if its not updated....try taking out the card and run somthing with heavy load like furmark or prime95
if it crashes on prime95 it would be you ram try a memory test
might also want to check your cpu voltage and make sure the board set it to the right amount you can find the right voltage by downloading core temp and look under VID

sorry could not help more but this should narrow the issue more
m
l
Related resources
June 16, 2010 4:04:43 AM

hmm nothing weird only graphic i guess , but i can play like badfield badcompany 2 for hours on high graphic without reboot . but i played like league of legend the reboot kicks in.

any psu to recommend ? cant afford those crazy 1000w+ )=
m
l
June 16, 2010 5:39:36 AM

Asmira said:
hmm nothing weird only graphic i guess , but i can play like badfield badcompany 2 for hours on high graphic without reboot . but i played like league of legend the reboot kicks in.

any psu to recommend ? cant afford those crazy 1000w+ )=

i highley recommend the antec 500 earthwatts
has 37A of cobinned power
im getting it
also somone got it up to 800 watts max which i seem odd using 54A on the 12v

only 69.99$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

i just did a antec power suppy calcuator for you only need 397 watts so the 500watt well be great
m
l
June 16, 2010 7:49:26 AM

okay , thanks will try replace one as soon as possible !
m
l
!