Sign in with
Your question

Problem with video at boot-up & wake-up.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 17, 2010 8:26:06 PM

I assembled my present Windows 7, 64-bit system at the start of 2010 and experienced no problems for about 2 months, until the present problem appeared, where the monitor refuses to come to life for about 10 minutes after boot-up and wake-up. At boot I get one bleep, fans, lights, mouse and keyboard firing up, and I hear the Windows 7 welcome sound - and then I'm forced to wait for about 10 minutes for the monitor to activate. I had been using the monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 2043BW - 18 months old) on an older Pentium 4, 32-bit Win XP system with no problems for over a year. I connect via the digital DVI connector.

I've updated the BIOS and reset the CMOS by removing and replacing the battery, but that had no effect.

MB: Asus P5Q SE Plus
Graphics card: Asus EAX550GE/TD/256M/A
RAM: 2 x 2gb of Kingston PC2-6400 CL5 RAM (part no. KHX6400D2K2/4G)
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2043BW - approx 18 months old.

Any help would be appreciated.

March 17, 2010 8:38:13 PM

Have you configured your BIOS and changed the default display adapter by any chance?
March 18, 2010 1:07:31 AM

cscott_it said:
Have you configured your BIOS and changed the default display adapter by any chance?

There is no option in BIOS to change the default display adaptor. It seems that it's from the PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot - or nothing.
!