Sign in with
Your question

Packard bell wireless

Last response: in Wireless Networking
April 29, 2010 1:35:44 PM

Hello,I am swapping provider from virgin to sky,I am wired to my tower for internet but have to have another phoneline installed for sky or can I make my tower wireless at the moment I have a belkin to send to my wifes laptop but cant figure out to get my tower to go wireless
bernard

More about : packard bell wireless

a b F Wireless
April 30, 2010 5:26:35 AM

bernard_30 said:
Hello,I am swapping provider from virgin to sky,I am wired to my tower for internet but have to have another phoneline installed for sky or can I make my tower wireless at the moment I have a belkin to send to my wifes laptop but cant figure out to get my tower to go wireless
bernard

If you were paying Virgin for a service that came down a BT line, you don't need anothe rline - Sky will simply take over the same line Virgin used. If you had Virgin cable service and in the unlikely evern that you didn't have a BT telephone line, Sky will expect you to have one put in.

They will provide you with a router so your wife's laptop will connect to that but if you want your tower to be wireless, you'll need to buy an adapter. If the computer is near enough the telephone outlet, you can continue to be wired to the router in the same way you are now.
!