local profile won't save

I have a new windows XP machine that was added to a 2003 SBS domain. Any
user that logs onto that machine makes changes to their setting, i.e.
background, home page... then logs off. If that user logs back one they
would not get thier profile, but a brand new one loads up.

I log on as a domain admin and it saves my settings just fine. If i brown
the documents and setttings folder I do not see any other users folder
except for the local admin login and the domain admin login. I have a
strong feeling it's something being pushed from the server as Group policy,
but not exactly sure where to look. I have gone through all the policy
setting and was not able to find anything that might be it. What would
cause this behavior. Thanks

Check the logs in event viewer for messages relating to user profiles.
Are the permissions on the Documents & Settings Folder stopping users
profiles from being written?
Do you get any kind of error message?

Regards
Mark Dormer