Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I-RAM

Last response: in Memory
December 14, 2010 1:55:17 AM

Dear Friends
I have know about I-RAM(Intelligent RAM).I don't heard this type RAM.Please Help me.I have Seminar About this topic.Please Help me and Give Some Notes

Thanks in Advance

Have a nice day

Bye

More about : ram

Best solution

a b } Memory
December 14, 2010 7:37:29 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-RAM
"Released sometime before June 25, 2005,[1] the i-RAM is a solid-state drive produced by Gigabyte which has four DIMM slots to allow PC DDR RAM to be used to store data.
It connects via a SATA port and is seen by the PC as a hard drive, and may therefore be booted from directly. The i-RAM is bottlenecked by the SATA interface, which limits bandwidth to a maximum sustained throughput of 150 MB/s. This speed limitation is offset by near instant access, with latency results of 0.1 ms recorded.
DRAM however is volatile, so any loss of power will cause loss of data. The i-RAM is powered by plugging into a PCI slot, which powers it while the PC is plugged in (using standby power if the PC is off). It also has a 16 hour battery, which operates when the PC is unplugged or there is a power outage.
The i-RAM supports Unbuffered/Non-ECC DDR 200/266/333/400 MHz RAM modules of different capacities (up to 1 GiB), speeds, and brand for a maximum capacity of 4 GiB. Because of this, the i-RAM is very expensive per GB, but offers a silent storage method with higher responsiveness and performance than a traditional hard drive."
Related resources
December 15, 2010 5:41:41 AM

Maziar said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-RAM
"Released sometime before June 25, 2005,[1] the i-RAM is a solid-state drive produced by Gigabyte which has four DIMM slots to allow PC DDR RAM to be used to store data.
It connects via a SATA port and is seen by the PC as a hard drive, and may therefore be booted from directly. The i-RAM is bottlenecked by the SATA interface, which limits bandwidth to a maximum sustained throughput of 150 MB/s. This speed limitation is offset by near instant access, with latency results of 0.1 ms recorded.
DRAM however is volatile, so any loss of power will cause loss of data. The i-RAM is powered by plugging into a PCI slot, which powers it while the PC is plugged in (using standby power if the PC is off). It also has a 16 hour battery, which operates when the PC is unplugged or there is a power outage.
The i-RAM supports Unbuffered/Non-ECC DDR 200/266/333/400 MHz RAM modules of different capacities (up to 1 GiB), speeds, and brand for a maximum capacity of 4 GiB. Because of this, the i-RAM is very expensive per GB, but offers a silent storage method with higher responsiveness and performance than a traditional hard drive."

Thank You Very Much FRIEND Maziar. Thanks a lot. Now i got Idea about I-Ram
Score
December 15, 2010 5:42:51 AM

Best answer selected by sekharg2007.
Score
a b } Memory
December 15, 2010 10:53:35 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
Related resources
!