Build Tweaking Suggestions

Hello, Ive been looking around for awhile and I think I've settled on the parts I plan to use for my first build.
I'm posting it here for opinions and suggestions. All advice is helpful! I do plan to overclock (within pretty safe margins, as I've never overclocked anything before) so keep that in mind when offering suggestions. Thank you all so much!
Here's the build:

Case & Power supply:
Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case and Antec CP-850 850W Continuous Power

Motherboard:
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Proccessor:
Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz

Video Card:
XFX HD-585A-ZNBC Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB Black Edition

Memory:
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit

CD/DVD Drive:
PLEXTOR Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD/CD Writer LightScribe Support - OEM

CPU Cooler:
COOLER MASTER Intel Core i7 compatible V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler

So what do you guys think? Any part exchange recommendations are welcome.
Thanks again!

Edit:
Updated with some changes.
4 answers Last reply
More about build tweaking suggestions
  1. Jack has you on the right track here. His memory, Case/PSU and 930 over the 920 are all right on in my opinion.

I especially do not like that XCLIO case as I am not sure those side fans are the best way to cool. I am biased though in that I have an Antec 1200 and it is a great case. I believe that the PSU bundled with it is one of the best he had ever tested at JonnyGURU.
  2. Wow, thanks for the great advice, I'll definitely look into it.

Edit: ok, updated with a couple changes, still looking into the HS and TIM.
  3. Looking like a great build.
    As for TIM that IC Diamond looks hard to beat. I have never used it but the more I read the more I think I will try some the next time I need it. I have used Artic Silver 5/Ceramique for years but it looks like they are outmatched by the IC product.
    I would get a Prolima Megahalem if you plan on overclocking. They also seem hard to beat.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product