Plextor M3 Series SSD

tdg84

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I saw some other posts about the Plextor SSD drives, but wasn't sure if my question would fit in, so I made a new thread.

But in my search for an SSD I was intrigued by the Plextor Brand (the newest M3 series), as I have used their burners for years. But there doesn't seem to be much discussion here about Plextor. Is it just because they are new to the SSD market? How many people out there have used Plextor SSDs? I've seen some test results, which look good, but I just want to see what real people (not testers who most likely got a free sample, lucky them) think of these drives. And does anyone have any info on comparisons between the M3 and the M3 Pro seriers?

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
I too swore by plextor burners for years, in the beginning they were one of the few that actually worked reliably Because of this great expereince I also looked at their SSDs by I opted for a crucial m4 based on price. I tihnk because they are neither the fastest nor the cheapest they don't recieve as much attention as other vendors. If I were going to buy another SSD now I'd probably get an Intel,

tdg84

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Well I saw a review of the M3 series SSD (its from a differnt site, so I don't know if I can post a link here) and it actually outperformed the Crutial m4 in a lot of the tests. It was actually one of the better overall performers for all of the SSDs that it was compared to. So I could see myself paying a little more for a drive if it works a bit better. On top of all that, it has a five year warranty! In terms of computer parts, that's pretty good, right?

tdg84

Honorable
May 10, 2012

WOW, thanks. I've never seen a chart/site that organizes all the SSD info like that, thanks Johnnyluckk.

adamisgod1992

Honorable
May 17, 2012

here is a comparison between the M2 and M3 version

http://www.hardwarelook.com/reviews/plextor-m3-128gb-ssd-review_156_1.html