Sign in with
Your question

Good internal BluRay burner

Last response: in Storage
May 10, 2012 10:09:51 PM

I've been scouring over reviews and customer feedback of internal bluray burners. So far a large portion of them have problems where burning or even reading a blu ray disc after a few months stops working. Also the bluray software included with most of them seems universally crappy.

Any suggestions on a PROVEN RELIABLE internal bluray burner?
a c 99 G Storage
May 10, 2012 10:20:21 PM

I have a LG Blu-Ray burner with Lightscribe. Had no issues. Make sure you buy a retail version, so all the software is included.

But when I burn, I like Nero, which can with my DVD burner.

But to burn Blu-Ray, I use the CyberLink software than can with the drive. And it plays disks with Power DVD.

See my signature for the model.
m
l
a b G Storage
May 10, 2012 10:23:20 PM

jweller said:
I've been scouring over reviews and customer feedback of internal bluray burners. So far a large portion of them have problems where burning or even reading a blu ray disc after a few months stops working. Also the bluray software included with most of them seems universally crappy.

Any suggestions on a PROVEN RELIABLE internal bluray burner?

LG makes good drives, I've had good luck with asus as well.
What I do recommend is that you spend the extra for a non-oem. It may seem like a waste, but unfortunately blu ray is not like DVD, ya can't just pop in a movie and watch. You need a retail player, those have the best software packages. A full version of Power DVD bluray would be ideal.

Actually this drive from pioneer looks pretty good:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
a c 180 G Storage
May 10, 2012 11:37:40 PM

I use a Plextor and a LITEON both run real nice.I favor the plextor.
m
l
!