I am using a Fostex FD-8 home recording equipment and wish to transfer the
files I have recorded to my home computer.
To do this, I need to check if my soundcard has optical S/PDIF in/out, or an
ADAT interface and alter the setting on the soundcard's control panel from
internal sync to external, so that the computer is receiving its digital
clock signal from the Fostex unit.
I have no idea how to do either of these things!
Please help!

If it has S/PDIF in/out,R.click the speaker by the clock,select,open volume
control,
then select,options and or properties,then chk the box to enable.Otherwise,
if the exterior equitment has a headset jack,run a 1/8 inch line to youre
cards
line-in,then select it in volume control.

"Futuramaboy" wrote:

> I am using a Fostex FD-8 home recording equipment and wish to transfer the
> files I have recorded to my home computer.
> To do this, I need to check if my soundcard has optical S/PDIF in/out, or an
> ADAT interface and alter the setting on the soundcard's control panel from
> internal sync to external, so that the computer is receiving its digital
> clock signal from the Fostex unit.
> I have no idea how to do either of these things!
> Please help!

Look at the back of your computer and check how many jacks you have on the
soundcard.. only three?.. also, you may want to check out your soundcard on
the manufacturer website.. as you have not stated make or model, you will
have to do that part yourself..