Emachines et1331g-07w motherboard

unkleshorty

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010
Hello,On my et1331g-07 , I shorted out the sound out put, Lost lan and sound. replaced w-a sound card and ethernet care , ok but machine will only boot /turn on when I interrupt the power supply, replaced power supply, Motherboard ??

unkleshorty

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010
Youngster , As I said initially, I was trying to connect the sound out(Spkr out) to another pc's sound out put and smelled smoke, Did get some sound out from both at reduced volume and then nothing . Thanks for the reply.

Snet

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
I still don't understand , did you try and link the two PC's sound cards

Please specify in detail as I still don't understand how you got that right, the only solution is to install a PCI sound card now. What were you trying to do.

unkleshorty

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010

OK I connected two PC sound out puts (1/8" stereo males to two female inputs and one output to connect them to one single sound system . This , somehow shorted something out on my e machines motherboard, Replaced the sound and lan w pci cards and they now work, pc will not start up with out jogging the power cord on and off the tower. Thought power supply might be shorted, replaced same but no joy. PC works ok after it starts up, but it is neccessary to play with power input ot get it started . OK ? thanks for your patience. Bob

unkleshorty

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010