Asus motherboard p35 PKE wifi( i forget the exact model im at work)
EVGA 8800 GTS 512
4 gig Gskill ram ddr2 800 4 1 gig sticks
Seasonic 550w psu (not the problem)
Windows 7 (but problems have been happening even when i had XP)
So this is my setup and here are the tests i have performed so far.
1. have run Memtest for countless hours without an error.
2. Windows memory diagnostic freezes up at 22% everytime even when testing 1 gig at a time in multiple different dimm slots.
3. Prime 95 gets this error FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4 Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file. Happens to one core and then the other.
4. My cpu temps are at 40c at load and my video card is at 40c at idle.
5. My PSU voltages dont move at all when under load.
6. I have tested by pulling out a stick of ram at a time so there was only 3 gig of ram in my mobo and it still gets bsods after testing them all.
7. The dump file indicates In blue screen view its saying its Driver corrupted expool error. A different file crashes each time i get a bsod.
8. In games the computer jsut stutters for about 3 seconds when an error occurs, but doesnt bsod.
9. Have manually set the voltages and timings of my ram and this didnt work.
10. My computer is not overclocked at all.
I am not sure where to go from here. I ahte to start buying replacement parts if its not the culprit. Any suggestions would be great.
Yes Happened when i had XP and windows 7 RC, but it didnt happen as much. Now its been happening more. Soemtimes it will go days without a BSOD and then it will happen 2-3 times within 30 min period and then not happen again for a few days.