Testing my 3570k at stock settings

N8man3

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hi everyone,

So I just finished setting up my new build. I have a i5 3570k with a corsair h100i, Asus Maximus V formula, 16gb DDR3 GSkill Ripjaws, GTX 690, Corsair 850w GOLD, and my case is the NZXT Switch 810. I decided to use CPU-Z to monitor m CPU speeds and stock settings, and use Prime95 to stress it out a little.

I initially noticed that the voltage for my cpu was at 1.33V. Isn't that high really high for a stock CPU? I thought that was high for an overclocked CPU as well. I thought... well whatever, and began prime95.

My core clock went to 4600 Mhz. Is that how it should be? I'm kind of new at this so I don't know what the norm is. I monitored my temps using HWMonitor, and thought that the temps were a little high also. They went up to around 70 degrees C with a max of 74. Doesn't give me much room for overclocking. Remember I have the corsair h100i watercooler. Are these temperatures normal? I'm pretty sure I seated it correctly... followed tutorials and such.

AND!!! In the middle of the stress test I got the BSOD!!! This is with no overclocking. However, this is not the first time I got the BSOD with this new build. Before using prime95 I had gotten the BSOD a 3 times prior. This was before I had updated chipset drivers and installed windows updates, so I thought it might have been due to that. Could these crashes be caused by the 1.33 voltage on my cpu? What about the high temps?

Additionally, I had kind of been messing around with my new SSD and HDD trying to get folders situated, and I reformatted my HDD a couple times due to some noob mistakes. Now that I think about it I probably could have not reformatted, but since I had nothing on the drive anyway, I didn't see any harm in it. Could reformatting a hard drive cause damage and lead to BSOD?

I hope someone can shed some light on what is going on. Please let me know if you need any more information about my PC or anything.

Thanks!

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
It sounds like asus autotune is on, 1.33v is high i wouldn't keep it at that you should check in bios what the settings are and change the overclock settings to manual, formatting the hdd isn't harmful