Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3

Last response: in Systems
April 6, 2010 6:59:07 PM

Hello,
Got a random problem I see alot of other people have had, but no one seems to list a solution.

The mobo beeps and the recycles power back into a continous beeping problem.

atm I have removed everything but the 2 sticks of 4gb ram that I have installed, even the CPU cooler has been removed.

I am using Hynix 4gb from Super Talent.

Any ideas?

More about : gigabyte p55a ud3

April 6, 2010 7:10:01 PM

Did you actually try booting without the CPU cooler? If so, you likely destroyed your CPU. Every guide and manual is very clear that you should NEVER operate a computer without a heatsink on the CPU.

If you didn't try that, look up the beep code in the motherboard's manual. That's really the only thing we can tell you without knowing all of the components in the build, including the model numbers.
m
l
April 6, 2010 8:44:09 PM

No i didn't boot the machine without the cooler. but the beep code suggests that its a power issue, I just cant figure out where.
m
l
Related resources
April 6, 2010 9:00:55 PM

I've used that exact motherboard in builds and have been very impressed with it. The READ before posting about boot/no video problems! sticky at the top of the forum was created to troubleshoot this type of problem. Please perform EVERY step in the checklist and let us know how it goes.
m
l
April 6, 2010 11:22:42 PM

Had read that, and my answer is yes I went through that check list... My basic answer at this point is either the ram isnt supported... or somethign is wrong with the CPU/Mobo ...

but it doesnt even seem to be getting enough time to check the CPU.
m
l
April 6, 2010 11:24:31 PM

Did you actually perform every step in the checklist? Yes, it's possible a piece of hardware is faulty but it's much more common for this type of issue to be user error.
m
l
April 7, 2010 1:35:16 PM

Yes, I did every step in the check list, actually having to go so far as remove excess thermal paste. and will run through the checklist again. i am thinking it might be a memory compatibility error.
m
l
!