Sign in with
Your question

Ho do I delete 25000 emails to delete from Gamail and Galaxy 3

Last response: in Windows XP
December 19, 2012 10:45:19 AM

I have run my email through Outlook or years. I added a Gamil account that runsa through Outlook serveral years ago and had a Blackberrry...or 10. I finally bit the bullet and got a Galaxy 3. I discovered that although I keeo my Outlook and Blackberry email under control there are over 25000 emails on gmail. I can't figure out how to delete more than one at a time or categorize by subject and delete. can anybody help me please? Thanks.
a b 1 Email
December 19, 2012 7:05:10 PM

Log into your gmail account via web. Hit the select all button or make individual selections. Now click the delete button. Log out. Now launch outlook and have it reindex your gmail account.
m
l
December 19, 2012 7:33:26 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
Log into your gmail account via web. Hit the select all button or make individual selections. Now click the delete button. Log out. Now launch outlook and have it reindex your gmail account.

I will do that. Im trying to "learn" the G3. It was hard to give up Blackberry but they are so bad now. I'm trying to learn how to sync y Outlook. The Samsung rep, ATT rep nor best buy rep could tell mehow.
m
l
Related resources
December 27, 2012 9:44:29 PM

Well I deleted them from Gmail. Unfortunately it deleted them from my Outloook inboxalready downloaded on my laptops. The only thig that didnt disapear lives in folders.
m
l
a b 1 Email
January 2, 2013 11:04:21 AM

If you use IMAP instead of POP3, I'd expect this to happen. I assumed you knew that. You didn't mention wanting to keep these messages, only how to delete them.
m
l
January 8, 2013 10:57:59 PM

To be honest Thepremise of deleting from the server emails that I had deleted from my laptop already seemed to imply that. I am IMAP.Thank you.
m
l
a b 1 Email
January 9, 2013 2:11:17 PM

IMAP only flags messages for deletion. It doesn't actually delete them until you issue a purge command. The mail server on the other hand may be configured to purge deleted messages every xxx days.

You can configure outlook to purge deleted messages on exit. There may be other purge settings too, but I haven't used outlook in forever.
m
l
!