XFX HD 577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 Speed Problem

Anodos

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
So I bought this card off newegg a few days ago and I got it in yesterday. After I installed it, booted up and started running benchmarks I noticed that I was getting worse results than with my old 4850. I noticed that the core clock speed was only running at 400 mhz and the memory was running at 900. I rebooted and this put my clock speed were it was supposed to at 850 mhz and the memory at 1200. After a while it dropped back down to 400 and 900. I rebooted again and the clocks have held steady at 850 and 1200 since. What could be causing this? Should I go ahead and return it?

Anodos

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
The problem has been fixed. Thank you so much for your help.

One thing I'm concerned with is the temp. The card idles in the mid 40s which is fine, but when its under load it shoots up to 88. This is higher than seems normal for the card. Is this real bad?

That isn't too bad, assuming the new cards have around the same tolerance as the old (which I don't think is quite the case, but close enough). My old 4850 could handle 110C. If you want to see what is going on, you can download GPU-Z and have it refresh while in background and log to a file. Then you can see change in temp, load, fanspeed, etc. with time.

boomdart

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

Mine only gets up to 77c under load

If I clock it to 950/1400 and pump the fan to %100 it only gets up to 70, well, I've never seen it that high but I assume it might get that hot.

Pretty powerful card, I got mine for $135 and I can't complain because it was just too cheap :eek: I have had issues though, but only enough so that I know I should've stuck with nvidia not so much that I'm going to replace it. Having DX11 rocks and Dirt 2 is gorgeous.