Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Water Block for MSI gtx 680 Twin Frozr 4gb

Last response: in Overclocking
February 24, 2013 3:24:45 AM

What water block can i use for this card? ( MSI geforce gtx 680 twin frozr 4gb ) And, if i need a back plate for the installation of the water block, can you give me a link to one?
February 24, 2013 3:42:52 AM

Quote:
You can use any water block for a 680.

Is a twin frozr really inadequate for the overclocks you are pushing?

well im planning on getting another one for a sli set up, and id just like the cards to be water cooled. So any block would work? Can you give me a link to one so i can be certain im buying the right one?
Score

Best solution

a c 124 U Graphics card
a c 176 K Overclocking
February 25, 2013 3:47:46 AM

Quote:

No, not just any block will work.

You have to figure out a few things about your card first, mainly whether it has a reference design PCB or not. More detailed reviews on the card will tell you which PCB it has, though you can usually just visually inspect an image of the card's PCB versus a reference one to tell if it is or isn't.
Given that its an MSI (known for over building their cards) and a 4GB model, I suspect not, but it might be.

If its reference design, then any reference 680 waterblock will work on it.
If its a custom PCB, then you have to make sure the block your getting is compatible (you can email the block and card manufacturer to find out) or pursue a universal solution.

I suggest you read the water-cooling sticky, it has a section on GPU water-cooling.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-...

Another good resource. Punch in your card and it will tell you if its reference PCB, and whether there are any compatible waterblocks (EK only) that will work with it.
http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a c 324 K Overclocking
February 25, 2013 3:47:50 PM

Quote:

Is a twin frozr really inadequate for the overclocks you are pushing?

No you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT without knowing if the card is 100% reference or not.

Please do provide users incorrect information- if you are not completely sure you know what are you offering, please do not post the info.
Score
February 25, 2013 5:05:59 PM

Best answer selected by Army1506.
Score
!