Reformatting old hard drive to use as slave on xp pc

Little Willie

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Hello, I have a Sata hard drive that has Ubuntu Linux installed, I wish to wipe it clean and use as a slave drive in my XP Pro 32bit PC, if there is anyone who can tell me how to do it I will be very chuffed.

Little Willie

Solution
A HDD can be one or more partitions, if more than 1 it will show up under my computer as individual drives as many as the partitions. Delete the partition and you should be able to format!

Little Willie

Honorable
May 11, 2012

Thanks rolli59, I have followed your guide and guide at "http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/foru [...] isk-system" as well, but unfortunately the "Format Button" is greyed out and I have to wonder if that has anything to do with the Ubuntu Linux, has it something installed to stop it being uninstalled, I have easily reformatted other hard drives but not this one, if I don't solve it soon I shall just take a big hammer to it to destroy it and the files on it.

Cheers mate
Little Willie

Little Willie

Honorable
May 11, 2012
You've hit it right on the nail my friend, it also refuses to show up in "My Computer" and will not let you change that, everything is greyed out except "Delete Partition" and while I know what a partition is I have not a clue what effect deleting that would have on the hard drive.

Cheers mate.
Little Willie.

Little Willie

Honorable
May 11, 2012

Thanks Mate, it is done thanks to your knowledge, just goes to show that there is always a way and a good hard drive has been recycled thanks to you, your tops.

Little Willie.