Sign in with
Your question

Moving unit to a new case, now nothing is powering up!

Last response: in CPUs
June 16, 2010 5:11:45 PM

I'm in the process of moving my perfectly working system into a new case.... same mobo, cpu, fans, ram, psu.... well I remove all the components and install them into the new case, connect all of the power switches and plug her all in correctly.
And nothing. The light on the mobo come on, but when i hit the power button on the case nothing happins.
If you keep hitting the power button it will eventually give the cpu fan a little movement, but thats it.

so, i tried reseating, replacing the ram, and even removing it fully... tried 8 other PSU's that i have...

the mobo is an Intel dg965wh
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo e5300
ram: 2x 2gig Corsair DDR2 6400

What could be the problem?
a c 77 à CPUs
June 16, 2010 5:17:14 PM

You may have forgotten a power connector, have a standoff in the wrong place, or any number of other things that can go wrong when building a system. There's a troubleshooting checklist in my signature that was created to troubleshoot this type of problem. I would go through all the steps in the checklist and let us know how it goes.
m
l
June 16, 2010 5:32:53 PM

shortstuff, yes all was done correctly on the check list... i've got the mobo out of the tower and sitting on the desk with the non-static plasitic bag the mobo originaly came in.

i plugged the power switch from the old case onto the mobo to see if the switch was the problem, but no, it still does not boot up.
thoghts?
m
l
June 16, 2010 8:20:00 PM

shortstuff_mt said:
You may have forgotten a power connector, have a standoff in the wrong place, or any number of other things that can go wrong when building a system. There's a troubleshooting checklist in my signature that was created to troubleshoot this type of problem. I would go through all the steps in the checklist and let us know how it goes.

i just swaped the cpu fan thinking maybe it went out... but no, still the same with this new fan.

other then that, what else would it be besides something on the mobo cracked or something?
m
l
Related resources
!