Finding an ATTWS phone (not a Cingular phone)

Last response: in Network Providers
March 22, 2005 5:25:32 PM

+ I am an existing ATTWS customer
+ I need a new phone, but Cingular stores have only Cingular phones
+ If I get a Cingular phone, I'd need to change to a Cingular plan.
+ But I like my current plan! ($39.99 for 550 minutes, M2M, n/w +
$9.99 for additional line.) Cingular's family plans start at $69.99.

If I could find an ATTWS phone, I could put in my SIM and use it
without changing plans. Aside from eBay, where can I find one?
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 9:17:44 PM

In article <1111530332.634156.285420@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
davidileavitt@gmail.com wrote:

> + I am an existing ATTWS customer
> + I need a new phone, but Cingular stores have only Cingular phones
> + If I get a Cingular phone, I'd need to change to a Cingular plan.
> + But I like my current plan! ($39.99 for 550 minutes, M2M, n/w +
> $9.99 for additional line.) Cingular's family plans start at $69.99.
>
> If I could find an ATTWS phone, I could put in my SIM and use it
> without changing plans. Aside from eBay, where can I find one?

Ebay.

Why not ebay?
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 6:09:22 AM

Other than eBay you could go to any phone dealer and buy from them at full
retail price, rather than subsidized price. If you live in a large metro
area, Chinatown is the best place to find a great deal. If you want to use
you AT&T sim card, any unlocked GSM phone that has 850/1900 MHz will do.

!