RAM compatibility

G

I'm preparing to upgrade my PC using the new Sandy Bridge core processor coming out next month. I'm thinking of buying a motherboard made by Gigabyte (P67A-UD7) which will also be coming out next month. I'll be running it using my current PC components (an 850 watts PSU & 2 dual GPU Sapphire Radeon HD 4870X2 on quad CrossfireX set up). I been looking for some RAM modules to buy. The particular motherboard I'm going to use supports DR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules up to 16 GB of memory. I'm planning to put 4 GB of memory modules on each of the 4 memory slots. My questions are:

1) Hence I can't find a pair of 4 GB 2133 MHz memory module, can I use a pair of 4 GB 2000 MHz memory module or do I have to look for an 1866 MHz memory module?

2) In the motherboard specification, it supports a memory module rated at 1.5 volts. All the memory modules I've found were rated at 1.65 volts. Can I used a memory module with slightly higher voltage rating?

G

Yes, I do plan on overclocking my rig. I'm getting confused though about the memory specification as it says that the motherboard supports DR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules up to 16 GB of memory. Hence I can't find a 2133 MHz memory module, can I use a 2000 MHz memory module or look for a lower memory module 1866 MHz or below as what's listed in the motherboard specifications (2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz)?

Let the board launch.. They'll have a memory support list which will include all the memory modules tested and found compatible with that board.. You can easily choose any one from the list then..

Generally, as per the board specifications, the highest memory speed mentioned as supported without the acronym (O.C.) can be safely considered as the highest memory speed to opt for.. Memory modules running at lower speeds than that will also work fine..