skull_king2004

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Ok, so I have recently reinstalled windows on my computer. After I reinstalled and updated the drivers for Realtek HD Audio I am now unable to choose what to set the jack up as. I used to get a pop-up asking if I wanted it to be Line-In, headphone, mic etc. Now it wont let me select which I want and my headphones are really low unless able to select headphone on that pop-up.

Also, it doesnt allow me to right click the Icon for the jack and to be honest it never has. I only say this because the forums that I have read always state this as a solution.

skull_king2004

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
This is how its supposed to look. minus the gray, black, and orange ports.

Howitssupposedtolook_zps134099ff.jpg

This is how mine looks.

mine_zps329153a5.png

Note: My front ports do not work and never have.

Try uninstalling with CCleaner or revo uninstaller to make sure all remnants of the program are gone. Realtek HD Audio manager has given me problems in the past and can be finicky. It seems most times the version distrubuted by the motherboard manufacturer (if self built pc) has the better version than what is on the realtek web site even if it's older. You may want to try both versions and see which works better.

skull_king2004

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Ok, so I uninstalled with CCleaner and made sure anything that had to do with Realtek was off of my computer. Then restarted of course. Once I got back on I went to the motherboard manufacturer and downloaded the driver from there. Now, the only thing that has changed is I no longer have the option to "Disable Pop-Up."

skull_king2004

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Yeah, I'm definitely keeping them, if possible I would like to put them on my website to download...just gotta figure out how to do that. Merry Christmas to you too!!! And thank you for all the help.