Sign in with
Your question

H100 or xspc rasa 240

Last response: in Overclocking
February 24, 2013 4:39:00 PM

What do you guys think its worth getting H100 or xspc rasa 240, i am a first time builder and i will be watercooling 3770k and i will overclock it.

More about : h100 xspc rasa 240

a b K Overclocking
February 24, 2013 7:00:14 PM

the xspc is true water cooling the h100 is really more of a gimmick it is only slightly better than air cooling, as a first time builder its probably a little more complicated to set up the water cooling but nothing too bad, I reckon get the xspc kit
a b K Overclocking
February 24, 2013 10:46:24 PM

When saying about these great deals you should link to the deal so everyone can check them out, with your logic water cooling is never a good idea as its always the dearest option?
Related resources
a c 176 K Overclocking
February 25, 2013 3:13:02 AM

^ Agreed, I have no idea where the hell I could buy a H100 for $50.

Basically your question is Custom versus Closed Loop water-cooling. As most will tell you here, go for the Custom kit. It performs better than the H100 due to the better radiator and pump, and is up-gradable to include other/different components if you wanted too later on.

Though if your going to get a kit, would get a Raystorm kit. The Raystorm is a better block than the Rasa.
February 25, 2013 1:36:30 PM

I think that I would get noctua nh-d14 but idk if it could fit with my ram msi mpower board and avexir mpower memory, I am planning in ocing to about 4.5 ghz, I think that I should get the nh-d14 first and to see what chip i got then after some time prob get a watercooler xspc one.. I wanna know if the noctua will fit into my board or if there is any better air cooler than that.
a c 324 K Overclocking
February 25, 2013 5:27:46 PM

Why wouldn't it fit? If it supports the socket, it should definitely fit unless you have tall RAM constraints.

'Better' also is somewhat subjective...better performing than a stock cooler? Better performance for the cost? Better performing without any cost concerns?

What are your goals...overclocking and noise? What is your budget? What is your current knowledge of air cooling, closed loop coolers and watercooling? Have you read through the watercooling sticky?
February 25, 2013 5:35:17 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Why wouldn't it fit? If it supports the socket, it should definitely fit unless you have tall RAM constraints.

'Better' also is somewhat subjective...better performing than a stock cooler? Better performance for the cost? Better performing without any cost concerns?

What are your goals...overclocking and noise? What is your budget? What is your current knowledge of air cooling, closed loop coolers and watercooling? Have you read through the watercooling sticky?

Sorry i didn't mention if the ram is going to fit (avexir mpower) with the noctua nh-d14 i am planning in overclocking and dont mind too much about the noise, i have pretty good knowledge of air cooling but little in watercooling since i have never owned one. I want better performing without any cost concerns :) .
Thanks
a c 324 K Overclocking
February 25, 2013 5:42:34 PM

What is your budget? Just FYI, your overclocking ceiling likely isn't going to be limited from cooling as much as it is from system components or actual OC settings. However, you can gain more stability and lower temps from a good water cooling setup. Closed loop coolers like the Corsair H series are typically classified as being on part with most good air coolers (some don't even perform as well) while watercooling loops perform above both air and CLC systems. All items mentioned are dependent upon ambient room temps and cannot cool below ambient temp.
February 25, 2013 5:48:21 PM

rubix_1011 said:
What is your budget? Just FYI, your overclocking ceiling likely isn't going to be limited from cooling as much as it is from system components or actual OC settings. However, you can gain more stability and lower temps from a good water cooling setup. Closed loop coolers like the Corsair H series are typically classified as being on part with most good air coolers (some don't even perform as well) while watercooling loops perform above both air and CLC systems. All items mentioned are dependent upon ambient room temps and cannot cool below ambient temp.

I want to get air cooling now and to see what ivy i got, if its a bad one it will be no point in getting it watercooled, and if its good then later when i get some extra money. I want to know if the noctua nh-d14 is a good solution, or if there are any better air coolers it could be semi-quiet or quiet cooler, i know the nh is quiet, any recommendations? Budget is under £80
!