HW Monitor Temperature Issue

Tags:
  • Monitors
  • Temperature
  • Components
Last response: in Components
June 16, 2010 8:13:42 PM

Hi,
I was wondering, in CPUID Hardware Monitor, under the sub section called "Temperatures" I have three main elements. The first is called "SYSTIN", the second is called "CPUTIN", and the third is called "AUXTIN". Now, I know that CPUTIN is my main CPU temperature. However what is SYSTIN and AUXTIN?...Reason I am asking is because I want to know what they mean and what are acceptable temperatures for them. MY SYSTIN (whichever component it is), idles at around 42C and AUXTIN idles at 29C. Is this normal? Thank you for any help.

Specs:
CPU: i7 920
RAM: OCZ platinum 6GB tripled
Mobo: Asus P6T

More about : monitor temperature issue

a b C Monitor
June 17, 2010 11:11:15 AM

Your temps are fine, as long as they stay under 60c. Going above 60c for short periods is also ok. I set my motherboard bios shutdown temp at 70c.
Score
June 17, 2010 4:07:10 PM

Thank You. But what does SYSTIN and AUXTIN mean?
Score
Related resources
a b C Monitor
June 17, 2010 4:30:31 PM

I have no idea what they mean. I stopped monitoring my system temps; I don't trust the accuracy of the readings, and don't overclock, so it's really not necessary.
Score
June 17, 2010 5:25:21 PM

Oh so if the temps stay under 60C it will be fine?...because I was concerned because it was 45C idling. I thought it should be in the 30's. <Talking about the SYSTIN temps, most likley the mobo.
Score

Best solution

a b C Monitor
June 17, 2010 6:25:20 PM

I've never had temps in the 30's; that's why I don't trust those low readings. Some are lower than your room temp, so you know they're not accurate. The Intel specs allow these cpus to run up to about 80c without damage. Some windows versions will crash at around 70c; when I'm not running my a/c, my system will shut down automatically if the temp reaches 70c. No harm done.
June 17, 2010 8:58:16 PM

Yes I know about the CPU. I am talking about the SYSTIN...or motherboard. The CPU is CPUTIN which idles at 30C in summer and 25C in winter. The SYSTIN which I think is the motherboard idles around..45C. I looks to hot to me but as long as its stable and works I guess I can calm down and drink some coffee :) 
Score
a b C Monitor
June 17, 2010 11:11:19 PM

My board temp runs 45-50c always. It's well within specs.
Score
June 19, 2010 1:50:31 AM

Okay great :) , because its summer, its really hot/humid outside and my case is inside a slot in my desk so it isn't getting maximum airflow potential I would think so I wanted make sure temps were safe :) 
Score
June 19, 2010 2:03:13 AM

In addition, since the board is already started then I might as well ask. In the Cooler Master HAF 932, on the bottom there are two fan ports/grills. I am pretty sure they are 120mm or 140mm. If I were to mount a fan there, would I want to make it intake or exhaust. I would probably think intake at first glance as it would bring in cooler air from the bottom into the case straight into the GPU's and be exhausted out the top. Any advice?
Score
June 29, 2010 4:37:49 PM

Best answer selected by blackhawk1928.
Score
July 6, 2010 6:32:53 AM

blackhawk1928 said:
Hi,
I was wondering, in CPUID Hardware Monitor, under the sub section called "Temperatures" I have three main elements. The first is called "SYSTIN", the second is called "CPUTIN", and the third is called "AUXTIN". Now, I know that CPUTIN is my main CPU temperature. However what is SYSTIN and AUXTIN?...Reason I am asking is because I want to know what they mean and what are acceptable temperatures for them. MY SYSTIN (whichever component it is), idles at around 42C and AUXTIN idles at 29C. Is this normal? Thank you for any help.

Specs:
CPU: i7 920
RAM: OCZ platinum 6GB tripled
Mobo: Asus P6T

go to intels web site. they have specs there that tell you the temp range for their product.
Score
August 20, 2011 7:21:19 AM

I just tried this program out tonight too...i'm finding that CPUTIN number confusing...mine is showing 60C right now..but below it shows my i5 and then how hot each core is which varies but shows about 26,29,30,27 and then "Package" shows 30C

So which is it? Is my CPU 60C or 30C? I could check through my BIOS but i don't feel like restarting to get to it...it was idling at 38C after a reboot earlier.
Score
a b C Monitor
August 20, 2011 8:16:35 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!