This is a common problem that has existed in several versions of windows. You essentially have a registry error that is causing your Optical Drive not to work. Follow the steps below to fix your issue.
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right window pane.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
7) Reboot your computer
8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone