bwaked

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Samsung dvd driver not installed successfully related to error in registry
So, it not appeared in windows explorer

Caruda

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
This is a common problem that has existed in several versions of windows. You essentially have a registry error that is causing your Optical Drive not to work. Follow the steps below to fix your issue.

1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- SYSTEM
- CurrentControlSet
- Control
- Class
- {4D36E965-E325-11CE-
BFC1-08002BE10318}

4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right window pane.

- UpperFilters
- LowerFilters
- UpperFilters.bak
- LowerFilters.bak

5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
7) Reboot your computer
8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone

Cheers

designerwood

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
Just posting to say that Caruda is a genius, or one helpful person at the least! And that this works still in Windows 8. I had a code 19 error on both my DVD / Blu Ray drives and this fixed them.

BigDaddyDan

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014

my dvd burner, blu-ray burner and my poweriso virtual drive would not show up in my computer and would not work at all. tried many "solutions" found on forums and was about to give up, wipe my system and put a fresh version of windows 7 on when i saw this and...... hey presto!! working beautifully. thank you so much! saved me many hours in front of the computer. LEGEND!

frada

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
Hi Caruda!

Thanks to your post I just solved a problem I was having from long time on my Windows 7- based PC!

No one of many other proposed solutions I tried (also from Microsoft!!) worked!

Thanks again