Hard Drive and Windows 7...

Jer1729

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Okay, so my computer, when I turn it on, it said cannot detect windows 7 or whatever, and it made me retype the authentication key. Should I be worried and get a new hard drive, or was it just a small bug?

My Specs:
Intel core i7 2700k
Nvidia gtx 560 ti
16 gb of ram
1 Terrabyte Storage
Antec Green 650 watt psu
MSi Z77A-G45

Notes:
Case is Black NZXT Phantom 410 Mid-tower
3 in-take fans
3 exhaust fans
Cpu cooler is Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

Solution
You have to validate the software usually done online. Did you do this? After re-entering the key is everything OK or does it reoccur? Was this a new installation/ upgrade or an issue with a previously working system? This sounds like a software issue not a hardware one. So no for now don't worry and keep the hard drive you have. A bit more info. will help to understand and resolve the issue. Tks.

sandeep ranjan

Honorable
May 12, 2012

Dogsnake

Distinguished
You have to validate the software usually done online. Did you do this? After re-entering the key is everything OK or does it reoccur? Was this a new installation/ upgrade or an issue with a previously working system? This sounds like a software issue not a hardware one. So no for now don't worry and keep the hard drive you have. A bit more info. will help to understand and resolve the issue. Tks.

Solution