Mobo fried cause of USB ???

jaidev_goswami

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Hey there,
i recently bought an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/ USB 3 mobo and AMD X6 1090T CPU along with Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced CPU case....and Corsair TX 750W

It worked fine for a month then once i plugged in my Sony camcorder which was already on charging into my front USB port and the computer instantly lost Power...I didnt put it fully into the USB port but as soon as the usb male of cam touched the usb female of the port and before fully inserting it the power was lost by my PC....n m damn sure I was inserting it correctly.

I then restarted my comp...it restarted...put in the usb again w/o any problem...transfered the files and shut it down correctly....So far so good.....Then again used it for a couple of days w/o any problem...

But now after 2 days it wont start....no noise....no beeps....but can only see the green mobo light on when i turn on PSU....I press power button the fans rotate less then 2 secs n again off.......but after 2-3 hours when I start it boots into Windows and again after few secs SHuts down.........

I really dont know what caused the problem....but my replacement new mobo as well as Power supply will arrive tomorrow along with a new 1Kv UPS (to be on safer side).....

Guys what can be the main problem in my case....
and can I plug in the front usb again to my mobo or not, cause I dont know whether it was the USB which did bad to my mobo.....I must also admit that my wall power outlet also had ground problems...

PLs. advice guys...
Thanx in advance..........:)

Is 1Kv UPS enough for 750 W PSU ????

venjhammet

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
About your UPS, you will know if it can handle that 750w just by trying to pull the plug from the outlet. If it beeps slowly then it's ok if your pc suddenly turns off, ups overload. Check the connection on your usb could be faulty.

jaidev_goswami

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009

No, my friend as I said earlier, after the pc shutdown...I again restrated it plugged the cam into the same port n everything went fine....
But, after 2 days of this incident my pc wont start.......

So my question is....Should i plug in the front USB connection to my new replacement mobo or not ????
And does the usb port (if by chance is bad...which i m not sure of) will damage my new mobo as well....or simply that port wont work on my new mobo ????

jaidev_goswami

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009

Thanks...i ordered for the 1.5Kv UPS....

and how to test the usb port without frying my new mobo as well ????