unable to restore file assoc types since sp2

i have tried damn near everything to restore file assoc types for three
componets that were kicked since sp2 install for xp pro.
drive, new folder and folder
since sp2 install when double clicked on. it just opens a win that fades out
of screen without opening the file or folder at all only option to view is by
exploring each seg through right click can u help me restore these types?

For what file type? Extension?

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional