Sign in with
Your question

Will Windows 7 32 bit work on Intel i3 processors

Last response: in CPUs
June 17, 2010 7:44:55 AM

Hey,
I just got a i3 processor, intel Ht 55 MB & 4 GB DD3. tried to install Win XP SP2, XP Home & Vista but its doesn't get installed, while installation the .dll, .sys files dont copy. Or it gives a blue screen of death error.
Now lastly have got Windows 7 32 bit will that work??
Please give me some suggestion.
a c 102 à CPUs
June 17, 2010 10:09:37 AM

Apart from 32bit OSs will not recognise all the RAM there should not be a problem. There must be a fault with something else (sorry no idea what).
m
l
June 17, 2010 10:30:18 AM

ashur4 said:
Hey,
I just got a i3 processor, intel Ht 55 MB & 4 GB DD3. tried to install Win XP SP2, XP Home & Vista but its doesn't get installed, while installation the .dll, .sys files dont copy. Or it gives a blue screen of death error.

hi
i think there might be a fault in your dvd in which your are copying the windows or the optical drive. this is because the hardware doesnt restrict u to install windows. only if u have a 32bit cpu and u are trying to install 64bit windows, only then else the installation must be smooth.
m
l
Related resources
June 17, 2010 2:28:30 PM

Hi,

it's bad media (if a copy), bad reader or bad RAM.

You can use memtest for the RAM.

Brad
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b $ Windows 7
a b å Intel
June 17, 2010 3:33:33 PM

Do you need to load any of the "F6" drivers?? Win XP may require drivers to be preloaded using "f6" when asked to properly recognize the Newer chipsets and/or The HDD.

As to Wins 7 32 bit - NO problem (drivers are included and "F6" not required) Installed quickly and easily on my wife's I3-540 With 4 gigs of ram and H55M MB.

As to simon12's comment on Ram: Both win XP and Win 7 will recognize all of your 4 gigs of RAM. The only problem is that only about 3 ->3.4 gigs will be available for use by the operating system and programs vs all 4 gigs with a 64 Bit operating system - Not much diff in performance; However 32 bit does limit you to 4 gigs being recognized. If you plan on going to say 8 Gigs you will need the 64 Bit operating system.

ONE CAVEAT, before I ever load the operating system, I boot to a memtest86 Boot cd and run for 2 to 4 Hours (most recomment 8 to overnight). You will need to download the ISO image and create a ISO CD (Can not just copy to CD).
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b $ Windows 7
June 17, 2010 5:16:10 PM

Although Windows XP 32-bit will work with 4GB RAM (although not address all of it), you can't install it with all 4GB RAM present. You have to take out one of the sticks to install on 2GB then add it back in later.

This issue was resolved though with Vista, so it's sounding like your DVD drive is a bit knackered.
m
l
June 17, 2010 11:44:05 PM

Windows XP will not install with AHCI enabled in your BIOS. That is likely the problem. You will have to change it to IDE in the BIOS.

Yes windows 7 will work fine.

ashur4 said:
Hey,

m
l
!