Sign in with
Your question

Will an e6700 work with a emachines t3508?

Last response: in CPUs
June 17, 2010 8:54:18 AM

I was wondering if it was possible to put an Intel E6700 Core 2 duo CPU into an Emachines t3508.
June 17, 2010 9:34:35 AM

thanks for the info. I have a Dell XPS 720 that crashed and I was trying to salvage as much as possible from it before I junked it. Do u have any idea on what I could use any of the parts for in building a new computer. The motherboard is fried (nvidia driver crash) and Im just wanting to get some use from the components I have from it. Here is a list of some:

E6700 core 2 duo
2 8800 GT 512 MB video cards

Thats really all that I know of that will transfer to a new computer, I know the power supply will not work in anything other than a dell motherboard so im just trying to get some ideas of a new build with what I have versus buying a whole new setup. Thanks
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2010 2:09:39 PM

The only thing worth saving is the keyboard, mouse, any optical or hard drives you might have, and the 2 8800GT's you can put back in SLI, if you buy a motherboard that supports SLI.
What makes you think the motherboard is fried?
m
l
June 17, 2010 3:26:02 PM

Th diagnostic lights on the front panel read 3and4 which is consistent with a memory failure. I had a technician come out and reinstall new memory and it didnt fix the problem. Then he installed a new motherboard with my old RAM and everything worked like new. Now I have the exact same problem but I dont want to spend $400 dollars on a new XPS motherboard when ive already been through 2. I would like to build a new gaming computer with the parts I have and ru n another SLI configuration, and keep spending costsunder $1000. Ive considered upgrading CPU to the new i5 or i7 but I have a E6700 dual core at 2.66 Ghz so I really dont know if its needed. If you or anyone could give me a decent configuration based on my components and budget it would be gretly appreciated. Thank you so much.
m
l
a c 172 à CPUs
a b å Intel
June 17, 2010 6:14:11 PM

To use the CPU and both GPU's in SLI, you will need a motherboard with an nVidia chipset.
m
l
!