joeyck

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

joeyck

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
well thats $99 but the first link i have is $89 bronze certified, the second 54A on the 12 bronze certified, so whats the dif? and the second is $69 wouldn't the ones i listed (for less $) but greater then or equal in A on the 12v?

Henry Chinaski

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

The built quatity, the ripple and noise levels in the outputs, the voltage regulation,...

The efficiency is a good point, but is not the most important in a PSU. It's only marketing.
A higher wattage is not everything. You must pay attention on how clean the outputs are.

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
There's more to consider than stats when buying your PSU. You want something reliable, and manufacturers won't tell you if their products arent! I understand you are trying to save money because that 20$ could go towards a better graphics card or a better CPU. However, like many others, I've learned the hard way that you should never go cheap when it comes to power supplies. You put your entire investment in the hands of your power supply and if it fails, a cheap psu risks to take other components with it. Sure it may seem nice to save 20 or 30$ now, but you may have to spend alot more than that in the long run.

You should get a good, reliable PSU, even if you end up paying a bit more for the name. At least you'll have peace of mind, and you know that your PSU will last you for a long time.

IMO, the best of the best in PSU are Corsair. If you truly need 750W, take a look at the Corsait 750W TX. I have a 650w tx and I run a 955BE, a Radeon 5970 along with two HDD. You should take a look at this Calculator to determine if you really need 750W. You can find the Corsair 650WTX here

The 750W is 99$ and the 650W is on sale for 79$. Trust me, you wont regret paying the extra few dollars!

Good luck!

MGA

#1 and #3 are from CM's new line of hopefully better PSU's.
Likewise, the #2 Rosewill.

CM and Rosewill have traditionally built PSU's that are about two small steps above junk. These two new lines are their attempts to improve. Judging by what I have been seeing here and elsewhere on the 'net, neither are quite there yet.

OCZ is a little different. They make several PSU lines. One is actually not bad, but I never can remember which one it is.

I use Corsair and Antec.

4745454b

Titan
No offense, but if you don't understand terms like ripple or voltage regulation, you have no business defending any unit. Considering 80+ certification happens at an unrealistic 25c (77F), saying that two units are equal because they are both certified is wrong/bad.

What do your parts consist of? Can you buy from newegg? Whats your budget? If you let us know what your working with, we can then suggest a good PSU.