Xfx hd 5870 xxx

Solution
Just get the standard 5870 and do the overclock yourself through the ATI Overdrive utility, it is dumb easy. There is no sense in getting an overclocked ATI card unless it has better parts in it or has a better cooler.

Honestly though a small overclock on the 5870 doesn't really yield much difference in gaming. I know, I have one and have messed around with it. I usually do overclock but I have no need to do it right now. But really it is easy to OC it yourself as ATI lets you in the driver utility.

Just get the standard 5870 and do the overclock yourself through the ATI Overdrive utility, it is dumb easy. There is no sense in getting an overclocked ATI card unless it has better parts in it or has a better cooler.

Honestly though a small overclock on the 5870 doesn't really yield much difference in gaming. I know, I have one and have messed around with it. I usually do overclock but I have no need to do it right now. But really it is easy to OC it yourself as ATI lets you in the driver utility.

Solution

pgohearn

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Thanks for the info.
I didn't realize that the XXX was overclocked at the factory. What a gimmick.

They have the XXX version at NCIXUS.com cheaper than the standard 5870 at newegg.com