Jetway JBI-600 No POST

Carc369

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I built my first computer in August. I've had a flawless experience with my first new build until recently. One day last week, I was playing Dragon Age: Origins. Out of the blue, my computer went crazy and lost video signal. My first reaction was obviously to restart my computer. My computer wouldn't even POST. I researched the possible causes of the problem, and most of the answers I found were a possible fault PSU. I thought this was very possible since I had installed a very cheap Rosewill 530W Continuous Power Green Series to power up my budget build. I ended up buying an OCZ 700W ModXStream and replacing it. The problem still occurred.

I've called Jetway's "technical support" (bunch of idiots tbh) and they told me to try 1 stick of ram, so I did. Still a no go. They then told me to try 1 stick of ram in different slots, so I did and still nothing changed.

I'm going to RMA the board, but before I do that are there any other possible suggestions that you guys may have? From my experience, Toms Hardware posters are 10x more informative than those idiot "tech supports" over at Jetway.

Intel Core i7-930
Jetway JBI-600
700W OCZ ModXStream
12 GB RAM (2GB x 6)
XFX Radeon 5850
1TB Hitachi HDD 7200RPM
Lite-On DVD-RW

If you can still get into the BIOS, manually configure your RAM settings to reflect what is shown on the packaging or the sticker on each module. Note, occupying the six DIMM slots on your mobo often requires a slight increase of voltage over what the manufacturer specs are (the info I just told you to find on the stickers) by ~.1V -.2V. Try that and let me know the status.