Sign in with
Your question

New gaming cpu

Last response: in Systems
April 7, 2010 9:20:53 PM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: As soon as possible. Taxes :) 
BUDGET RANGE: 600-800$

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, standard cpu usage.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Case, optical drive, KB, mouse, monitor

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg.com
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA

PARTS PREFERENCES: AMD
OVERCLOCKING: A good possibility, though it would be my first attempt.
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Crossfire in the future could be a possibility.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Honestly i'm not sure here. I use a 32" Soyo HDTV for my main monitor. Soyo's website claims it is 1366x768. I love this tv and will keep it as my monitor for as long as practical.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I will be mainly gaming on this computer added with the normal everyday activities. No video editing or anything to major. I tend to play a wide variety of games, from MMO's to FPS's and strategy(total war series mostly).

Here is a quick list of what i was looking at currently, but that list tends to change often and of course I am open to any suggestions/critiques. Granted the current mobo only has one PCI-E 2.0 slot...

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Sub...

More about : gaming cpu

a b 4 Gaming
April 7, 2010 11:19:40 PM

You link to the Newegg shopping cart doesn't work. It pulls up what I have in my shopping cart, which is about $200 to $400 over your budget.

You need to post actual components for your build, along with the Newegg link. This will allow us to better help you with your build. Another option is to post a public wish-list from Newegg over posting your shopping cart.
m
l
!