Problem with micro-sd card.

Kyvan

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Hello,
My problem is the following:

I tried to rearrange some folders and files in this card. At some point I wanted to delete a folder and somehow more than just the folder got deleted. Not only did some files that were "around" it dissappeared, but also other files that were in completely different directories.

I ran Recuva and I could find most of them, but not the most important ones. Then, I used Data Recovery Wizard. And it found the files that had gone missing. However, when I restored these, they were almost completely corrupted.

It seems like some files even got merged into each other! Most of the files in this card are text, and so I found pieces of other files along with the original text, and the corrupt text that's just a bunch of ASCII characters.

I have no idea what to do. Is there any way to recover these files completely? I wanted to restore the card to a former state, like you can do with windows, to undo mistakes, yet I don't know if it's possible.

It sounds like a physical problem with the card, but I really hope it isn't that. Please, help me.

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
What version of windows do you have that will let us know what kinda built in recovery software we have to work with. It is possible that there is a copy of the data or a restore point you can access but if that is truly the ONLY copy and you are saying that the baseline ASCII code is jumbled up I dont know if there is any way to fix that.

Kyvan

Honorable
May 13, 2012

It's Windows 7. I thought of restoring the system to a previous state, but I wasn't sure if it'd affect a card that isn't all the time connected to it.