Sign in with
Your question

Mobo

Last response: in Motherboards
December 16, 2010 6:50:45 PM

Hi,

Which motherboard is good???(With possessor & ram)

C2d 2.9 ghz with G41 rq DDr2 Or phenom 550 with Asus m4n78 DDR3

I want it for gaming. also please tell which graphic card to use to both mobo.....

Thank you......

More about : mobo

a b V Motherboard
December 16, 2010 6:59:45 PM

First off, what kind of games do you want to play? That will help us find what will fit best at a given price-point.

In general, of what you selected as options, the Ph ii 550 system will probably pull ahead of your C2D (if by a very small amount) in most games and have a better quality board and better RAM as well.
a c 111 V Motherboard
December 16, 2010 7:03:10 PM

They're both "good", but if you'd like to define good a little further, say like "good for a budget of $XXX(X)" or "good for X game", then helping will be easier.

However, if these were the only two motherboards on earth, then I would go with the one that supports DDR3. DDR3 can achieve double the speed that DDR2 can, but costs more.

As for the GPU, depending on a lot of factors here (budget, games to be played, inside dimensions of your case, etc.) you should consider either the 6000 series of the ATI or the 500 Series of the GeForce (Nvidia).

Edit: Selecting the right parts isn't just a matter of what's "good". I suggest you start by providing your budget, then telling us what game you'd like to play. After that we can suggest a build for you to include:

1. mobo
2. RAM
3. PSU
4. GPU
5. SSD or HDD
6. misc.

Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 16, 2010 7:09:04 PM

T_T said:

*snip*
However, if these were the only two motherboards on earth, then I would go with the one that supports DDR3. DDR3 can achieve double the speed that DDR2 can, but costs more.
*snip*

Per GB/Mhz, DDR3 is actually cheaper than DDR2 now. The value difference really means no point in not getting it these days.

Unless you have a bunch of DDR2 from an old build and want to cut costs, that is.
December 17, 2010 5:11:18 PM

I wanna play pop 4, Swos, moh, Ac2 games...

December 17, 2010 5:22:16 PM

Hi...

I currently have c2d, g41 mobo, 2 GB ram ddr3,(250 v SMPS) With this i play pop 1, 2, 3 but recently i get pop 4, SWOS & MOH it was too slow on my PC. I went to my dealer he said to me i will buy back ur mother board, Processor & ram and give you Asus M4n78 mobo, phenom 550 with 2 gb ddr3 ram for only Rs. 6600. He said with this you don't need any graphic card for your games.

So I ask the above Question. I wanna know this is true or i being robbed.

I can spend 8000 Rs.

Please suggest me what should I do.......

!